Author Topic: Birmingham:Perkins:Thornton:Chater.  (Read 4960 times)

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Birmingham:Perkins:Thornton:Chater.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 18 December 14 21:35 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, it catches me out every time.
When people saying they are "looking for" descendents my immediate reaction is that they are looking to research, in the same way as "looking for" ancestors means researching them. Because that is the way I think.  :) And because Rootschat is a forum for Family History Research, not for contacting living people.
To me, researching the family means just that, if I happen to  meet a distant rellie, or once I have discovered some living descendent I choose to make contact, then that is a separate issue. Both have happened during my research, but that has not been either the means nor the aim of the research.

Hope you have success in "finding" living rellies, and someone does pick up on your post.  Have you tried Friends Reunited, Genes Reunited, Facebook etc ?

(But Istill think it is more fun to research them your self!!   ;D )
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline owenrich

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 19 December 14 18:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi again, you are right about researching for ones self.  I am a member of GenesReunited & Ancestry.  Checking freeserve & freebmd has always been useful.  However, they only take you so far and as I want to meet with living cousins Rootschat has proved very good.  I have been able to extend my research through Rootschat and for this I appreciate the work people like yourself put in.

Offline rickmperkins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 17 June 15 02:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Owen I have Harriett Perkins daughter on Richard and Harriett (Kendrick) in my tree. Her brother Thomas was sent to Tasmania as a convict. He is my great grandfather. Rick

Offline owenrich

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 17 June 15 16:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Rick, sorry but although there are a couple of Harriet Perkins in my tree there are none with a Richard & Harriet as parents.  Thanks for your interest and good luck with your research.  Owen.

Offline rickmperkins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 18 June 15 03:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Owen  Thanks ,i was in touch we Carol and was able to connect with the Kendricks who married into my Perkins family in Birmingham. Regards Rick