Author Topic: French Marrriage Certificate abt 1846  (Read 1550 times)

Offline quisontils

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: French Marrriage Certificate abt 1846
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 11 June 09 22:22 BST (UK) »
Hi,
The Nièvre is a french departemnt in the center. Annay, maybe a village.
I just said I found only one marriage certificate for Kennett in this period.
if you want have more information, you must pay.
Still, it is sure this certficate is not Kennett AND Crews because, when I research Crews on the Database, I have nothing. There are not all the marriage certificates on the line but when you have a certificate, you have the names of the two persons who married. Here, it's sure this Kennett don't married with a Crews.
Isabelle

Offline detholmes

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 12 June 09 02:32 BST (UK) »
Thank you for replying and for your help.
I have a model letter for requesting Genealogy Records from France. Would I need to request the certificate in French?

Offline quisontils

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 13 June 09 19:59 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I don't know what sort of letter you have.
When you know exactly the date of an evenemnt, you can requiere a certificate to the Etat Civil of the Mairie. This is free and possible by line for any towns.If you don't know exactly, you must go to the Etat Civil. Old certificate aren't in the Mairie but at the archives of departement;
Now, if I well understood, you haven't the date exactly.

But you can have an help with the Communauty. you have some websites like ancestry. Biggers are Genealogie.fr and geneanet. Then geneaweb. You have a lot of websites specialized by departement. They have databases but quikly you must have an abonnement to continue your research.
iIt's necessary you assemble your knowleges around this marriage:Was john Crews or his wife born in France? Do you know the place? In France, on the birth certificate, death and marriage are add.Had the couple children? Do you know their names? etc
Isabelle

Offline detholmes

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 14 June 09 01:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Isabelle,
The letter I have is a model letter for requesting genealogy records from France.
How do I find the exact date of the marriage?

John Clews was born in Castle Norton, Worcestershire, England, and died in Brisbane Qld. Australia.

Amy Kennet was born in Kent, England, and also died in Brisbane, Qld, Australia.

They had 7 children. The eldest Sarah was born in France in 1847, married and died in Brisbane, Qld. Australia. The other children were born in Worcester, England.
Lorraine