Author Topic: Alexander Forbes Born Toronto 1913  (Read 2366 times)

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Forbes Born Toronto 1913
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 23 March 14 05:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi again,

The "Greenwood" address that Sandra found is an area of Toronto.  The names of Alexander Forbes QC's kids are in his wife's obituary too.  You can read them there.  Sandra's finds might well fit with your family.   :) :)

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 23 March 14 06:17 GMT (UK) »
Charles Stuart Elliott died in Toronto on April 30 1944.  Husband of the late Jessie McKay.  In his 65th year.  Father of Charles, Violet (Mrs. G Denby), Gladys (Mrs. B Maloney), and Wilbur.  He is buried in Prospect Cemetery. 

Obit in the Toronto Star, May 1, 1944 edition, page 23.

You can see the Toronto Star obits for yourself at this site
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/thestar/search.html

I don't see Jessie's obituary.
RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 23 March 14 06:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi again,

If you have access to Ancestry, you can find Charles and Jessie on the 1921 census with their family.  They are at 2 Ennerdale Road, York South - name transcribed as Elliot. 

Charles is 40, Jessie 35.  Kids are Charles 17, Christina 11, Violet 8, Gladis 6, and Wilbur 4.

Charles, Jessie and Charles Jr were born in Scotland.  Year of immigration is given as 1910.

RK

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 23 March 14 14:51 GMT (UK) »
Excellent information from Run Kitty.  ;)
Noticed there is a death registration for Robert Stewart Denby -  born 8 June 1932 and  died 31 Oct 1934 aged 2 years. Burial :- Propect November 2 nd.
Father Gordon Denby and Mother Violet. Living at 42 Ennerdale Road at that date

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline kivlehan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 25 March 14 09:23 GMT (UK) »
 Hi all,  Wow what a fantastic response.  Soooo many thanks for your info and help.  I'm in the middle of a family visit at the moment so have the house full for a week or so but will impart this new info to them and am sure they will be impressed - the info looks like it fits perfectly with the little I had put together.  A Barrister is a first aswell - most of the tree are good old Ag Labs, Shoemakers and a good smattering of shipwrights but that's why they emigrated I guess - for a better life!  Will be in touch when I can sit and digest everything.   :)
Springle, Taylor, Howatt, Morgan, Ridgway, Clow, Kivlehan