Author Topic: McIlmoyle family of Aghanloo/Magilligan/Dirtagh  (Read 2256 times)

Offline terrydoo73

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McIlmoyle family of Aghanloo/Magilligan/Dirtagh
« on: Tuesday 27 October 09 15:25 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to trace the following family and know that it might be difficult because of the years etc but here goes.

Matthew McIlmoyle (born 1801) and married Sarah Moore (born 1799)

They had 8 children - John, Robert, Matthew, Martha, Mary, Sarah and Elizabeth.  There was 1 other child whom we think may have emigrated to America but we are not sure of his name.  Robert is my direct ancestor but I would like to trace the remaining family and in particular the Matthew connection.  We think he may have married and had a son Henry who married a woman Gage from Coleraine but we are not entirely sure of these facts.  We think Matthew might have been born in 1844 but that is all the facts we have - I am sure if he married there must be a marriage certificate somewhere?

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: McIlmoyle family of Aghanloo/Magilligan/Dirtagh
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 May 14 12:53 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I am researching the Shannon family of Limavady and the Reverend John McIlmoyle born 1875 and he married Matilda Hopkins in 1901. Seeking any connection to you McIlmoyles.

Cheers
Jack Gee

CECIL - DNA, GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,HARVEY,ALLEN.

Offline terrydoo73

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: McIlmoyle family of Aghanloo/Magilligan/Dirtagh
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 May 14 13:50 BST (UK) »
Yes that's a connection to my family date of marriage was 24 July 1901 and they had Louis, Enid, Elvina Maud and Kathleen Elizabeth. John was known as Rev RJ in family and there was a book written about him with reference to his pastoral care for border Leicester sheep A Shepherd of Two Flocks.