Author Topic: Scott Family  (Read 10830 times)

Offline johnhiggins

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Family
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 28 July 13 17:36 BST (UK) »
There were Scotts in the neighbouring parish of Kilcorkey and the names of Richard, Thomas and Mary appear there. May be worth checking.

Offline daisy3

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 28 July 13 22:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that John, i will certainly check that out, its quite difficult to get information that far back, so every clue is a help. will keep you posted.

Regards Daisy

Offline daisy3

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 28 July 13 22:13 BST (UK) »
Hi again, forgot to ask where did you find that information ?

Daisy

Offline scottulsk

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 21 November 13 04:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Daisy

The family lived in the lane at the back of our family farm. Unfortnately I am not the person to give you too much information as I was born and brought up in the UK. My father who is 94 and also lives in the UK was born in Ireland on the farm near the Scott family. My Uncle who is now around 90 and has lived on the farm all his life and of course knew the Scotts very well. He could certainly answer many of your questions.

Richard Scott who inherited the farm from his family unfortunately died at a young age leaving a young family of 4 children behind. His wife was unable to carry on farming and sold up and they all moved away. I remember Richard's father Pat Scott when I was young and visited. He was agreat friend of our family. As I say the Grandmother's name was Nora but regretfully that's all the info I have. If you are sure your family came from castle Plunkett I can't see how it could be anyone else. If you look at the 1911 Census you will see that they were the only Scott family in the whole Castle Plunket area. Sorry I can't be any further help. My father remebers as aboy when they moved into the area but I am not sure where from.

I could let you have his telephone number but would need a little more info about you as he is quite fral now (although his very with it) to ensure that he is not bothered unnecessarily. I am sure you understand.
Best wishes

Michael

Hello,

This is actually my family and Richard was my father. We infact didn't move away and still live on the family farm in Mulligallon, Catleplunkett.

Offline MagzJur

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 13 November 14 23:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi!

I'm trying to confirm information about my Great Great Grandmother Bridget Kinsley nee Scott.

Her husband Patrick and their family were based around Castlerea, Co. Roscommon - Patrick was a tailor. I've found 2 Bridget Scotts who could be her based on ages on the 1911 census as well as marriage information.  One Bridget was from Castleplunkett born circa Sept 1868 to James and Catherine (nee Mulligan) with James, Patrick, John, Eliza Kate and Anne Jane as siblings

The other was Bridget Scott born circa Jan 1870, registered in Elphin Roscommon to James and Anne (nee Coyle) with James (1867) and Anne (1864) as siblings.

I've been led to believe that Bridget is from the County
Roscommon area so if anyone can give me information on theses women so I can rule them in or out of the running, I'd appreciate it

THanks

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 14 November 14 04:52 GMT (UK) »

... I've found 2 Bridget Scotts who could be her based on ages on the 1911 census as well as marriage information ....

Not sure I understand, if you've seen the marriage information, you will know that Brigid's father was a John Scott.

Offline MagzJur

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 14 November 14 17:59 GMT (UK) »
Brigid Scott is not the spelling I have been given of my GG Grandmother's maiden name...

I'm waiting to see the actual marriage certs and am currently proceeding based on the meta data/ basic information I've been able to gather about the information on the certificates.

Was this Brigid Scott married to Patrick Kinsley a tailor ??

The information I've had on the two Bridget Scotts was found through birth and baptismal records so apologies for any confusion I caused.