Author Topic: Capel Galltraeth  (Read 3662 times)

Offline wendythomas

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Capel Galltraeth
« on: Monday 26 May 14 13:11 BST (UK) »
I would like to know who lived in Ty Capel Galltraeth,Bryncroes between 1881and 1911,would it be possible to get the census results,any other information or photos would be appreciated.

Offline Ellenmai

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Capel Galltraeth
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 May 14 14:13 BST (UK) »
There is a very good website called Rhiw.com were you can view the Bryncroes Census for 1861/71/81/91. I have had a look but there is either Galltraeth or Ty Capel which appear to be two different dwellings. Hope this helps :D

Offline wendythomas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 26 May 14 15:16 BST (UK) »
hi thanks Ellenmai,I have seen the rhiw.com website,the 1881 census is not on it.

Offline Ellenmai

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 26 May 14 16:33 BST (UK) »
I have just been back on the Rhiw.com website and the 1881 Census is on it. You have to click on Llyn Peninsular Census, then click on 1881, then on the right side of the page click on Bryncroes 1881 Census. The information on Galltraeth is Griffith Jones age 33, Born Aberdaron, Agricultural Labourer. Wife Mary age 34 born Bryncroes. Son Thomas age 12 born Bryncroes, son James age 8 born Bryncroes and daughter Laurah age 2 also born Bryncroes. Ty Chapel information is Evan Jones age 47 born Bryncroes, Agricultural Labourer and wife Catherine Jones age 44 born Bryncroes. There is also information on Shop Sarn, if you want it and can't find the 1881 Census let me know.I have also looked on Find My Past on the 1891 and the family living at Galltraeth are Williams.

Offline wendythomas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 26 May 14 17:02 BST (UK) »
Hi,just seen it must have missed it somehow,it's the Williams family I,m looking for they were living in Ty Capel Galltraeth in the 1891census,my great grandmother Kate Williams was born there can you find out if they were still living there in 1901, Iwould like to know if they had a daughter called Jane, Iknow there was a Mary and Kate and four sons,Jane married a Thomas Humphreys I,m .not sure if she is their daughter.Can you find out if the Hughes family lived in Shop Sarn in1901 and1911 and the names of the children,many thanks

Offline Ellenmai

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 26 May 14 17:53 BST (UK) »
The address is not coming up on F M Past so I will have to look for individual people. Could you give me your Great Gran Kate's year of birth and names of her parents and their dates and place of birth please. Also any first names and place of birth for the Hughes family from Shop Sarn that you may have. Find My Past have just changed the site and it has been an absolute nightmare to navigate by using just the address to find people, it used to be so easy. Hopefully I will find them for you with the extra information.

Offline wendythomas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 26 May 14 18:39 BST (UK) »
My great gran Kate Williams was born in 1876 in Galltraeth I think,her parents were Robert Williams and Jane Williams both born in 1841 in Bryncroes, Jane was Williams before she got married. Robert Hughes Shop Sarn was born in 1858and his wife Ellen Hughes was born in 1860,Robert was from Pwllheli and Ellen from Abererch she was Griffith before she married.

Offline EmyrBorth

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 27 May 14 01:07 BST (UK) »
Hi
1901 Liverpool House:
Robert Hughes  43  Tailor & Draper    Pwllheli;
Ellen                 40                           Sarn;
Laura M             12                          Pwllheli;
John                  10                          Sarn:
Sarah E(?)           5                          Sarn;
Evan                   2                           Sarn;
Ellen Roberts       16    Servant          Rhiw.

Galltraeth info to follow.
Emyr

Emyr

Offline EmyrBorth

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 27 May 14 10:30 BST (UK) »
Hi
1871 Griffith/Mary Jones at Ty Coch, Bryncroes, with son Thomas 2, born Bryncroes.

1881 2 entries for Galltraeth. In one, Griffith 33, Mary 34, Thomas 12, James 8, Laurah 2. Griffith born Aberdaron, the rest Bryncroes.

1891 Penmynydd Griffith 43, Mary 43, Laura 11, Evan 9, Owen 5, Griffith 3, Ellis 1. Additional children all born Bryncroes.

1901 Not sure, but Mary/Griffith appear to be at Maen Crwn(?), next to Penmynydd, but age couple of years out; with grand daughter Mary J Jones, 7, Llanbedrog.

Going back to 1881, the other Galltraeth:
Robert Williams 40, Jane 40, David 15, Jane 13, Rowland 8, Cathrine 5, Mary 3, Robert 10 months, all born Bryncroes. I assume Cathrine 5 is Kate.

1871 at Galltraeth, 3 children David/Jane as above, Hugh 6 months.

1891 at Galltraeth , Robert/Jane + Robert 10 and William 8, all Bryncroes.

1901 Wesleyan Chapel/Ty Capel,  Robert/Jane, Mary 23 Single  Dressmaker  Own account working at home, William 18  Shoemaker.

Haven't sorted out, so some of above info previously posted. Info from Ancestry website, obtained by search on names/DOB.

PM to follow.
Emyr