Author Topic: Woods (IOM) to Mahony to Donougher  (Read 741 times)

Offline tom mix

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Woods (IOM) to Mahony to Donougher
« on: Friday 13 December 13 10:11 GMT (UK) »
Is anyone looking for this family?

1861 Census Catherine Woods b. 1849 Douglas, now living at 6, No. 2 Bean St Liverpool

1870 Jan 7 Catherine Woods marriage to Michael Mahony soldier in Parish Church Liverpool

1871 Census Catherine Woods living Parliament St., Upper, Liverpool

1881 Census Catherine Mahony at 4 Rothsay St., Everton with Michael (husband) & Lucy, Jane, John, James & Julia (Who eventually becomes my Donougher grandmother.)

1891 Census same people plus Catherine and Richard living at 24 Empire St Liverpool

1901 Census living at 16 Village St Everton

1911 Census Catherine Mahony now with just John & James at 44 Northumberland Terrace Everton. Both boys single aged 34 & 32.

Julia Mahony marries Simon Matthew Donougher 13 Jan 1912 @ St Thomas' Catholic Church Great Georges Road Waterloo/Seaforth.

Is there anyone out there researching any branch of the above family? I would love to share
information.

Thanks

Alan

Donougher, Bawden, Cahill, Mahon(e)y, Williams,
Kirby, Woods, Faherty

Offline James Shepherd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Woods (IOM) to Mahony to Donougher
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 October 14 20:52 BST (UK) »
Hi, my GG/Grandparents lived at 44 Northumberland Terrace for over 25 years up to 1906. John and Margaret Shepherd, John was a Police officer for Liverpool City Police up to his retirement in 1892. James.
Greer Family Market Hill Armagh. Keith Family Belfast. Carbery Family Donore Meath.Shepherd Family Burton Cheshire and Liverpool.Liscoe Family Stabana, Richardstown Louth. Parker Family Hart and Barren County Kentucky and Virginia USA, Hindley Family Frankby Wirral

Offline tom mix

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 October 14 23:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply.There's a 5 year gap between when your family left 44 Northumberland Terrace
in 1906 and mine moved in. I wonder if they followed on directly after yours? I wonder if they knew each other?

Your family seems to have had residential stability. Mine seemed to move around frequently. Probably one step ahead of the Rent Collector !!

My background is, born in Waterloo Liverpool. Now in Australia.

Alan
Donougher, Bawden, Cahill, Mahon(e)y, Williams,
Kirby, Woods, Faherty

Offline James Shepherd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 09 October 14 17:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Alan, I am still on Merseyside from Croxteth to the Wirral, my brother is in Perth WA. My GG/Grandfather was the last person living at Northumberland Terrace and after his death in April 1906 it must have been rented out again. They had there 8 children living within walking distance of them so there was no need for a move from the area. My Grandfather and Great Grandfather were also Everton residents, that's what family's did in them days stayed local and helped each other, proper community's. Hope your doing well in Australia I have been a couple of times to visit my brother, I would live there tomorrow my wife's none to keen so stuck here in sunny Britain, All the best. James

Greer Family Market Hill Armagh. Keith Family Belfast. Carbery Family Donore Meath.Shepherd Family Burton Cheshire and Liverpool.Liscoe Family Stabana, Richardstown Louth. Parker Family Hart and Barren County Kentucky and Virginia USA, Hindley Family Frankby Wirral