Author Topic: Ardill family - general.  (Read 7575 times)

Offline GfSalop

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Ardill family - general.
« on: Saturday 01 January 05 14:44 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for info on the Ardill's around Roscrea. I would appreciate connections to Robert Ardill of Knockarlow House prior to 1830's. I have information also of female line from Captain John Garrett born 1616 or 1619 in London. Robert Ardill married a Jane Garrett born 1838, daughter of a Robert Garrett (1802- 1887) and Ann Roe at Sprinhill

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Ardill family - general.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 30 September 06 01:44 BST (UK) »
Hiya GfSalop.

I suggest that you send a message to Tipperary Library Headquarters. I'd have suggested the Roscrea Library but they appear to have no email address. The HQ may have some details about Robert Ardill of Knockarlow House. If they haven't I'm sure they'll contact Roscrea for details.

Best Wishes, Christopher

Offline almo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 29 July 10 21:32 BST (UK) »
Hi There - if you are still looking I have some info on this Ardill family as this Anne Roe is on my family tree.  Happy to share info if you are still interested.
Almo
Roe, Jackson, Fry - All Ireland

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 06 August 10 08:11 BST (UK) »
GfSalop hasn't been online since Oct.2005.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline elima

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 13 October 10 21:50 BST (UK) »
Hello

I'm researching William Ardyll Griffin, born in Borrisokane in about 1833. I haven't been able to find out who his parents were yet. Has anyone come across him in their research? (I'm sure his mother must have been an Ardyll, given his middle name!).

Offline Kenvic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 13 November 13 23:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi!  While seeking the the family home of the Dillons in Knockarley I visited the last Robert Ardill in 1997.  Wonderful old 3 story house built in 1600's with pegs instead of nails. (Hence expression - they pegged it out)  Kitchen still with dirt floor and big roaring fireplace.  Robert had three sisters still living Ida, Eina and I think Blanche.  All very ancient and no heirs.  This family goes way back in the area but you may be seaching in the wrong county.  Knockarley (sometimes listed as Knockarlow) is in Aghancon Parish, Kings Co (Offaly).  Look in the 1821 Census at either 'Ancestry' or 'Roots Ireland' to find them and if interested in later Ardill family check out Griffith's Valuations in 1854.  Best site is 'askaboutireland' click on Griffiths.  Good hunting.   Kenvic.