Author Topic: James Cramb Dunblane  (Read 2702 times)

Offline rjcramb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Cramb Dunblane
« on: Thursday 06 February 14 10:59 GMT (UK) »
I am descended from James Cramb, b. c. 1781, m. Elizabeth Drummond, 11 June 1809 in Dunblane (marriage also registered in Muthill), who was a tenant farmer at Ramoyle and received a silver snuff box in 1834 from the non-electors of Dunblane for his role as an elector. This snuffbox has been handed down through a line of James Crambs, one of whom migrated to Australia after the war (my Dad). I have had some correspondence with people knowledgeable about the Cramb families of Dunblane in the past but I'm now getting back into the project of trying to learn more about this James and his connections with other Cramb lines. So far I only have his marriage, his name on the electoral roll for 1832, and his appearance in the 1841 census (aged a good round 60 years). He appears to have died before the 1851 census. Can anyone add any clues about where he fits in?

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Cramb Dunblane
« Reply #1 on: Friday 07 February 14 23:13 GMT (UK) »
Somewhere along the way we may have been in touch before  ??? as have a number of the Cramb family in my tree. Also have a Miller family tree  ??? from where..I have no idea (the joys of old age) which tracks Jane Cramb 1823 Dunblane, father James Cramb born 1781, married James Miller.. died 1893 McHenry County, Illinois.  Gleaned from other Anc**** tree James Cramb 1781 born Logielomond, Perthshire, parents James Cramb 1764-1781 and Janet Graham 1765.
Will send you a PM with my e.mail adds and see if we can figure things out.
Regards Patvp
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.