Author Topic: Smiths of Guisborough  (Read 1711 times)

Offline Wexford

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Smiths of Guisborough
« on: Tuesday 15 July 14 17:58 BST (UK) »
I am new to Rootschat and have come across several people chatting in 2011 re the above. I am also related to this family and Margaret (Smith) nee Lynn was my great grandmother. If any of you are still out there and wanting to see a photo of Margaret, you will see that I have posted one at ancestry.co.uk  in my Watson Family. My grandmother was Florence Smith married to John R Watson. But I must emphasise that I am as baffled as everyone else it seems over Joseph Smiths birth. The only photo going back is that of Margaret and I would dearly love to see any photos that anyone has of the Smiths.

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Smiths of Guisborough
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 July 14 18:29 BST (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat.

If you post a couple more messages you will then have the ability to send private messages to people (you just click on their name and a new screen opens) should you wish.
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.