Author Topic: Mary Ann Huggins b1822 St Michaels Bristol  (Read 6293 times)

Offline benvic

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Huggins b1822 St Michaels Bristol
« Reply #9 on: Monday 15 August 11 21:34 BST (UK) »
Hello CaroleW and Pastmagic,

Once again thank you both for your help, CaroleW for pinpointing a possible lead and Pastmagic for indicating where that I might find more on that lead. I've been with F.M.P for some time now so was reluctant to take another subscription out, however I took a short term sub with the other website and have certainly been pleased that I did, you were absolutely right Pastmagic, what I found has taken me back another full generation and given me leads that may take me even further still. As another bonus I found some great photos of another side of my family in the late 1800s, I've been in touch with the person in Australia thanking her for posting them on the site and I found yet more information on another branch of my tree in London and Canada.

Many thanks to you both,

with best regards Benvic.

Offline mercone

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Huggins b1822 St Michaels Bristol
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 09 November 14 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help me to find the Huggins family before 1843, what I have at present is a marriage in 1843 the certificate shows.

Daniel        Collins         bachelor      tailor         father,      Dennis Collins         tailor
Mary Ann    Huggins      spinster                       father       Abraham Huggins    laborer

The 1851 census shows,

Daniel        Collins     married     m  34  1817       journeyman tailor       Cork  Ireland
Mary Ann   Collins     married      f    29  1822      laundress                   St Michaels Bristol

I have not as yet been able to find Mary Ann or Abraham on any other census, or in fact their births. I believe that I may have found reference to a death for Mary Ann in the late 1850s but have not got the certificate yet.

The address shown for them on the census is 1 Walker Street, Westbury Upon Trym, Bristol. can anyone tell me what that area would have been like at that time.

Many thanks,

Benvic.

I am researching the Huggins family if you would like to get in touch with me. I am researching the Huggins from Westerleigh South gloucester we may be related.

David Thorne