Author Topic: Isaac Garland Mangotsfield. Born about 1750  (Read 2139 times)

Offline StDavids

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Isaac Garland Mangotsfield. Born about 1750
« on: Friday 28 November 14 23:51 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to trace the birth details and parents of an Isaac Garland, a coal miner killed at Stapleton in Aug 1800. I believe he married Joanna in St George's 1769 and had a son Joseph born in 1773 & christened in Mangotsfield.
Any help with his origins would be appreciated. I saw a reference on the Internet to an Isaac Garland christened in 1744 but I have no more details and haven't been able to check the Mangotsfied or other adjacent  registers for around 1744 to know if this is true.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Isaac Garland Mangotsfield. Born about 1750
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 November 14 12:11 GMT (UK) »
Not had any luck I'm afraid but I did find this
http://www.oocities.org/wattlewh/garl_oth.html
It has a list of Garland baptisms for the area and it seems There is a Isaac Garland and wives Sarah and Martha having children at Mangotsfield about the right time.
There is also a baptism for this Isaac in 1726 which would make him old enough to have your Isaac in 1750ish.
There may be a way to get in touch and ask the person who posted it what else they have.
Ciderdrinker

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
Re: Isaac Garland Mangotsfield. Born about 1750
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 30 November 14 15:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I have checked the Glos Archives records and they state that the St James, Mangotsfield PRs are held at Bristol Records Office.
http://www.bristol.gov.uk/page/births-deaths-and-marriages/family-history-historical-records-and-local-archives
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway