Author Topic: Joseph Horton.  (Read 9509 times)

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Horton.
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 18 December 14 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Joseph snr is still in Darlaston William is also there which is interesting because there isnt a William about the same age in Rowley Regis in any other census except the 1851 where he is with Joseph jnr

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 18 December 14 14:37 GMT (UK) »
ARRRGGHH! forget that William died 1854 in Rowley Regis so it isnt that family

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline PaulH_86

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 18 December 14 14:44 GMT (UK) »
who is on the census in Darlaston in 1861?

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 18 December 14 14:51 GMT (UK) »
New Road Darlaston

Joseph 60 b Darlaston nailor
Mary 59 b Darlaston
William 26 b Darlaston bolt forger
Thomas 22 b Darlaston screw forger
Lucy 18 b Darlaston screw wormer
Mary 15 b Darlaston

RG9/2009/118/5

but this is the wrong family

Willow x

Offline PaulH_86

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 18 December 14 15:06 GMT (UK) »
okay :)

so I'm still looking for Joseph Horton snr-

Joseph Horton jnr abt b1823 - Son - Married - Hannah Poole abt b1823  (St Johns Halesowen 25.12.1842) her father being Thomas Poole

Daughters
Sarah, Mary, Elizabeth & Ann.

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 19 December 14 11:20 GMT (UK) »
Good morning
I think I've had a bit of success with Joseph Horton snr.Not as much as I would like but still.
I think this is Joseph junior's baptism

St Thomas Dudley 1.10.1820
Joseph Horton s of Joseph and Elizabeth Horton of Rowley nailor.

I know the date is a bit out but everything else fits.
There is a sister Jane baptised at St Giles Rowley 24.8.1823 also to Joseph Horton and Elizabeth nailor Rowley village.
I think the couple married at Halesowen again 12.101.1817
Joseph Horton and Elizabeth Clark both of this parish .Wit William Parkes and Richard Fiddian.

There seems to be a lot of burials for Hortons on Freereg at  Halesowen from Cakemore but not the corresponding baptisms  so perhaps worth a look.

The Pools I spotted on the 1841 census at Rowley Village
William Pool 30 nailor y
Sarah 50 y
Hannah 20 y
Nancy 14 y
William Adams 14 y

William is Hannah's brother baptised Rowley Regis 2.9.1809 born Sep 1807.
Other children for Thomas and Sarah - Jno bapt 24.12.1809,Joseph 31.5.1812,and Thomas 2.9.1815.
Thomas Pool described as Nailor form the Village.
I can't find Hannah once again but not sure if that's because she is not there or that the record is not on Familysearch or Freereg.
Thomas Pool was buried at Rowley 17.4.1836 age 51 from the Town of Dropsy.So born c 1785.

The 1851 census is a bit confusing At Rowley Village
Joseph Lowe 60 widower Nailor Rowley
Henry 25 same
Mary Ann 20 same
Sarah Pool widow inmate 65 pauper nailor Rowley
Joseph 5 inmate Rowley
Thomas 1m Rowley

The last two seem to be the sons of John and Pheobe Pool born 1821 and 1824 and together on the 1861 census.I assume John is Thomas and Sarah's son and therefore the two boys are her grandsons.
She was buried at Rowley 4.6.1865 age 78

I hope that gives you a start and perhaps someone can find the Horton's on the census etc.I'm not having much luck with Joseph or Elizabeth.

Ciderdrinker

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 19 December 14 11:25 GMT (UK) »
Nice one Ciderdrinker!

I have seen something about a Joseph and Elizabeth but I cant remember where

Willow x

Offline PaulH_86

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 19 December 14 12:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Both,

I also, found that Baptism last night but I wasn't 100% sure as there are a tone of Horton's in the area, that area of the country has been dubbed ground Zero for the Horton side of my family, which doesn't make it easy when looking around as they all had big families and they all had the same names   :(

So what I'm gathering as thats a lot of information to wrap my head around and i want to understand it correctly is that;

Joseph Horton Snr Married an Elizabeth Clarke
at Halesowen in 12.10.1817
and Had the Following Children.

Jane - Baptised - St Giles Rowley 24.8.1823
Joseph - Baptised - St Thomas Dudley 1.10.1820
Possibly Had a William Also as on a later Census there is a William Horton Aprox the same age as Joseph.

Joseph Horton Jnr - Bap 1820 went on to Marry a Hannah Poole abt b1821 in Rowley. 
and went on to have Mary, Sarah, Ann & Elizabeth all of which are born in Rowley.

For The Poole Side.

Hannah's Parents are Thomas Poole (Buried 17.4.1836 age 51 from the Town of Dropsy.So born c 1785.)
& Sarah Poole (buried at Rowley 4.6.1865 age 78)

Between them they had a

Hannah Poole
William Poole - baptised Rowley Regis 2.9.1809 born Sep 1807.
Nancy Poole
Joseph Poole 31.5.1812
Jno Poole bapt 24.12.1809
Thomas Poole 2.9.1815

hope I've understood everything correctly - i don't want to get anything wrong its been a pain to get this far - i really appreciate the help. :)

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 19 December 14 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Interestingly there is a burial of an Elizabeth Horton (of the Village) 9.8.1846 at St Giles Rowley, She died of asthma and the Bishops Transcript gives her age as 4 and the parish record says 48

If this is Joseph jnrs mother how about this?

1851 Butchers Lane Cradley Worcs

Joseph Horton 57 head b Rowley nail maker
Ann Horton 36 wife b West Bromwich nail maker
John Horton 19 son b Rowley nail maker
Daniel Horton 15 son b Cradley striker at chain maker
Mary A Horton 10 dau b Cradley (cant read occupation)
Joseph Horton 1 son b Cradley
John Brown? 16 lodger b West Bromwich nail maker (maybe Anns brother?)

HO107/2034/111/36

Could this be Joseph snr remarried?

Willow x