Author Topic: Looking for Baillie  (Read 2385 times)

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for Baillie
« on: Friday 10 October 14 13:13 BST (UK) »
Looking for John Baillie b.1697 -1757 Innishargie House Down Ireland and his wife Jane Forde b. 1670 Seaforde County D. 1781 Ireland. Looking for their decedents that ended up in England and some of them in South Africa.
Taylor of Saltcoats Scotland. van Wyk South Africa, van Niekerk, Dickason, Rogers , Stevely and Seagrey

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Baillie
« Reply #1 on: Friday 10 October 14 15:18 BST (UK) »
If you google "Innishargie House" you'll see details posted by descendants on various sites.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 10 October 14 16:55 BST (UK) »
Thanks I found the info.
Taylor of Saltcoats Scotland. van Wyk South Africa, van Niekerk, Dickason, Rogers , Stevely and Seagrey

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 November 14 20:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karytay, I can offer volume references reference for both Bailie and Forde family trees, in the Blackwood Family History manuscript trees Collection in the LinenHall library, Belfast. Visit if you can give them warning helps, if you cant then I suggest you write to them asking them for photocopying estimates, because there are so many and be prepared to pay the extra for post and packing if you are tempted.  “The Library welcomes all research enquiries, whether made in person, by phone, fax, letter or e-mail. Enquiries from members will be answered free of charge. Visitors from afar, and in particular those engaged in serious research projects, are recommended to make prior contact with the Library to ensure that they receive the best possible service. More complex enquiries should be made by letter, fax, or e-mail. Enquiries of this kind from within the British Isles will normally be answered free of charge, apart from any copying and postage charges. A minimum charge of £2 will normally be made in respect of overseas enquiries. A4 photocopies b&w are 20p.  The Library may be able to assist those with more extensive research requirements on terms subject to negotiation with the Librarian. Contact the Library for further information on info@linenhall.com or Telephone 028 9032 1707. Their address is The Linen Hall Library,17 Donegall Square North, Belfast BT15GB, Northern Ireland, see their website for contact details or use Email:info@linenhall.com.
The volume references don't include the multiple pages that follow in many cases
BAILIE volume 24p16 Seaford, vol 37, vol 44p43 Inishargie, vol 57 ‘A Family sketch
➢   FORDE volume 7p41, vol 13p19?, vol 18?p19, vol 23,  vol 25T, vol 26 p14a Seaford, vol 54, vol 61 Memoirs 1932, vol 67, vol 69, vol 84, vol 86 King, vol91 Seaford
➢   Hoping this is includes new information for you and all those enthusiasts
➢   good luck, Jim
ps However if the material is really relevant when you get it, I suggest a further donation to this unique library that is always needing extra funds.
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide

Offline Karytay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 21 November 14 21:48 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Jim, I will pass on the info you have given me to another family member who is doing the Baillie connection.

Karen