Author Topic: Lookup request - Ouley  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Lookup request - Ouley
« on: Saturday 25 October 14 10:38 BST (UK) »
I see from Ros Davies' excellent site that there are three Waddell stones in Ouley graveyard. If anyone has an MI publication which includes these stones, I'd be very grateful if they would be kind enough to tell me what they say. Thanks in anticipation.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup request - Ouley
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 October 14 10:54 BST (UK) »
Did you email Ros Davies (email address is indicated at the top of many webpages)?  Reason I ask, is that the Ros Davies website specifically says in relation to your query:

Newry-district: old graveyard- Toberdoney: in Ouley townland; 1/2 km S of Loughbrickland- Rathfriland Rd ;a rath & old well here; gravestone inscriptions UHF Vol 21; 3 stones only name Waddell from 1809; email me for a gravestone look-up

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 25 October 14 11:08 BST (UK) »
Ah! I missed that - it's not on the page I am actually looking at (Names Wad-Wam). Thanks.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 25 October 14 11:47 BST (UK) »
See what you mean, a different web page to the one I looked at.  :)