Author Topic: Mary & Winifred Kavanagh, lived at Dean Lane & Kenyon Lane, Moston Manchester  (Read 15567 times)

Offline Born Manchester

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary & Winifred Kavanagh, lived at Dean Lane & Kenyon Lane, Moston Manchester
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 12 June 12 23:25 BST (UK) »
Mary Kavanagh b 10 Jan 1916 and Winifred Kavanagh b10 Dec.1923

Looking for information on sisters Mary and Winifred Kavanagh daughters of James and Edith (Kelly) Kavanagh. Family lived for a time at 90 Dean Lane, Moston and later at 202 Kenyon Lane, Moston, Parents James a retired Railway Signal Man d 30 Dec. 1952 and Edith d 27 Mar. 1953. Both are interred in St. Joseph’s Cemetery, Moston Lane, Manchester.  Is possible Winifred did not marry.

I have been hitting a brick wall on this for a while now,  Can anyone help me?

Kind Regards
John G.

It might help you to know that 90 Dean Lane and 202 Kenyon Lane were the same house. About 1950 (I was born 1944 on Dean Lane not too far from number 90) Kenyon Lane which ran from Moston Lane was extended, taking in what had been Dean Lane as far as the Newton Heath border. 112 was added to the numbers of the addresses renamed Kenyon  Lane. The part of Dean Lane which still exists is in Newton Heath.

I believe the change was made to avoid confusion as it appeared there were two Dean Lanes, one at each side of Newton Heath Railway station where the lane had been blocked, many years before I was born.

It might interest you to know that the house was a little more than a few minutes walk from St. Joseph's cemetery.

Offline Barbara.H

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Mary & Winifred Kavanagh, lived at Dean Lane & Kenyon Lane, Moston Manchester
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 13 June 12 08:54 BST (UK) »
Hi,

You may already have this as BMDs have been updated since original posting:

Manchester district, Jul-Aug 1962, a Winifred Kavanagh married a Stanley Hall
Manchester district November 1992, death of a Winifred Hall registered. Her date of birth was given as 10 December 1923.

:) Barbara
LANCS:  Greenwood, Greenhalgh, Fishwick, Berry,
CHES/DERBYS:  Vernon
YORKS/LINCS: Watson, Stamford, Bartholomew,
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jytefas

• RootsChat Member
  • James and Winifred Kavanagh Abt 1925
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 10 July 12 20:08 BST (UK) »
My apologies for the delay in responding to the recent messages posted on this query.

To Born Manchester:  Thank you for your explanation re: Dean Lane and Kenyon Lane, it certainly clears up a lot of confusion. I actually visited this area in May 2007 hoping to find something, but as you already know, this area has been totally rebuilt. I tried talking to some of the locals, but most had come in from other areas. And thanks to information provided to me by Ken (MancsMan), I was able to visit the graves of James and Edith Kavanagh who are interred in St. Joseph’s cemetery.

To Barbara:   Thank you for the information you posted, I wasn’t aware of the more recent BMD updates. This has got to be my Winifred, and with your information, I will order a Marriage and death cert immediately. Another brick wall tumbles… :)... Now to find out what happened Mary Kavanagh ;)

Thanking you all again, this is very much appreciated

Kindest
John G.
Kavanagh - (Wexford, Dublin, Manchester, Liverpool and Illinois USA)
Kinsella - Ballyconlore / Kilanerin.
Doyle, Mahon, Nolan

Offline Jytefas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 22 July 12 10:54 BST (UK) »

You may already have this as BMDs have been updated since original posting:

Manchester district, Jul-Aug 1962, a Winifred Kavanagh married a Stanley Hall
Manchester district November 1992, death of a Winifred Hall registered. Her date of birth was given as 10 December 1923.

:) Barbara

Hi Barbara,

M&D Certificates arrived during the week and you have come up trumps with this!

Winifred Kavanagh (38) Married Stanley Hall (36) on the 25th August 1962 at the Holy Trinity, Blackley (CoE). Residence for both is given as 13, Clough Rd., Blackley. Stanleys’ father’s’ name is given as Theophilus. Witnesses Clifford and Margaret Hall.

Winifred died on the first November 1992 at the North Manchester General Hospital. Residence at the time is #5 Southmere Close, Moston Manchester 10.

Thanking you once again Barbara, very much appreciated.

Kindest
John G
Doyle, Mahon, Nolan

Offline fredandora

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 27 September 12 17:42 BST (UK) »
Dear Born Manchester,

I was reading through this thread because the street names rang chimes.  Your information caught my attention.  I wondered if you could answer the following for me because I have often wondered about the change of address. 

My grandfather Abraham Reeves lived at 176 Dean Lane from 1923 to the 1940s or 1950s when he and his second wife (Edith Margaret) moved to 288 Kenyon Lane.  Or so I thought.  Could it be that they stayed still and the street names & house numbers changed???

Your input would be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
Anne

Census Data Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Reeves-Chs,Flints, Lan
Rishworth - W.Yks,Hems, Wkfld, Ackwth
Morgan-Mntg, Shrps, Lan
Booth -Chs, Rncrn, Wrrl, USA
Fildes - Lan, Cadhd, Barton
Ellams - Chs, Hlsby, CA
Lockett - Chs - Frod
Brunton - W.Yks, Wkfld, USA
Harper - Staffs, Drlston
Partridge -Staffs, Drlston
Bate/s - Shrps, Wmbrdg
Horn/e - Leics, Staffs
Mellor - Drbys
Handley - Chs Lan Yks
Carter - Shrps Ketley
Cotton -Shrps Wmbrdg
Greenfield - WYks

Offline janinebubbles

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 16 July 14 21:18 BST (UK) »
I am the great granddaughter of Mary kavanagh

Offline Jytefas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 17 July 14 12:34 BST (UK) »
Blimey Janine!!! at Last........ Just sent you a private message  :)
Doyle, Mahon, Nolan