Author Topic: James Reid (b 1815 to 1832/ d 1894 age 71  (Read 2686 times)

Offline teris1958

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Reid (b 1815 to 1832/ d 1894 age 71
« on: Wednesday 29 January 14 21:36 GMT (UK) »
Looking to narrow down the birth date of James Reid who died in Newry in 1894, age 71.  He was a widower (wife's name was Mary Jane Hanna).  James was born in Dysart.  Father's name was Robert Reid (no other information on Robert).

Mary Jane was from Dysart, father's name Abraham Hanna.

James and Mary Jane were married in 1852 at Registrar's Office in Newry.

Also would like to find the burial location of James and Mary Jane.  Am pretty certain they are buried in Newry.

Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: James Reid (b 1815 to 1832/ d 1894 age 71
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 May 14 11:36 BST (UK) »
Hi I didnt find what you seek and you already have a lot, but just in case one item or more is new to you here goes
You probably know www.bagenalscastle.com/ancestry
I found I didn’t know where is Ballynahatten, but its Kilkeel! My reason was I found a match for Reid and hanna in the same townland in the agriculture 1803
George   Hanna   Ballynahatten
John   Reid   Ballynahatten
However elsewhere I found a possible follow up
Crossle Papers
Hanna   326         Genealogical notes      

Ros Davies http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~rosdavies/
A quick incomplete search revealed
William   REID   .   Newry   of Desert ; father of Mary bpt. 1 Jun 1815 & Samuel bpt. 31 May 1824 at Old Newry Non Subscribing Presbyterian Church   PR
Miss HANNA Newry   lived in Desert townland in 1851 census; married Reid   OFN p 228  This is an unusual ref  its from OFN   Old Families of Newry by R.S.J. Clarke Ulster Historical Foundation 1993,  because the 1851 census is now on line  at national Archives and I could find no references to Hanna or Reid    
Alexander   HANNA   .   Newry   of Desert ; father of John bpt. 16 Apr 1826 at Old Newry Non Subscribing Presbyterian Church   PR
I think the church mentioned is
Old Presbyterian: Unitarian then Covenanters (Non Subscribing)in High St, Newry
The congregation originally met in Sheepbridge in 1763 then they built a meeting house behind High Street, Newry in 1782.  This site was later abandoned in favor of the church in Downshire Road. The street was renamed John Mitchel Place.

Graveyard attached called Little Green, gravestone inscriptions available UHF Vol 21 ; email me Ros Daviesfor a gravestone look-up. However Ros doesn’t mention the records location, so
try PRONI online quides –Church records. Presbyterians were some times buried in C of I graveyards

So that is all I can do on your query, lets hope others can help properly
JimG

Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide