Author Topic: Please help me find Newlands Family in 1871 census  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Gr8scot227

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Please help me find Newlands Family in 1871 census
« on: Saturday 22 March 14 14:49 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I am trying to confirm or rule out the death of a William Newlands. I found a possible death for him in Q4 Oct-Dec 1867 in Tynemouth, Northumberland. Before ordering the cert I  had a look at the closest census to see if there was anyone else of that name in the area and I did find one. So the death I have found may not have been my William Newlands. So I went to the next census (1871) to see if the person from the 1861 census was still in it. I can't find him or his family so it could be the death I found is 1861 census William Newlands and not my one. But then again why have his wife and daughters disappeared too? I looked for the wife's death between 1861 and 1871 and couldn't see it.

So after all that, can anyone find this family or his widow in the 1871 census? If he has died I won't bother ordering the Death Cert as it will likely not be my man.

Thank you.

Offline cath151

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Please help me find Newlands Family in 1871 census
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 March 14 15:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
1871 RG10/5114  84/40
Murton Row Cottages, Chirton, Tynemouth
Sarah Newland  head   w     56   Holywell, Northumberland.

There is a Jane , William and Peter Newland living next door but might be same household.

Cathy
Sinnock/Sinnicks...Brighton,Greenwich.
Clements,Coles,Mc Donagh,Rock

Census InformationCrown Copyright from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline Gr8scot227

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Please help me find Newlands Family in 1871 census
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 March 14 15:54 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Cathy.

I really did not see that when I looked.Sorry. Well she is the Head now so I guess the death I found is her husband and not the one I am looking for. Off to search for him.