Author Topic: Birth - Mary Christine Curry  (Read 9878 times)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Birth
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 01 May 14 22:58 BST (UK) »
No need to sign up
Keep this link https://familysearch.org/search/collection/list#page=1&countryId=1927084
to Irish records for yourself.
For the births click on Ireland Civil Registration Indexes 1845-1958  put just Curry and fill in Dublin South in Birth and parents names in Parents than Search and you get this http://www.rootschat.com/links/0z46/

Offline LostAndFound

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 01 May 14 23:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Bambi

Thanks for the update.  As Sinann says you don't need to sign up to familysearch.org.  It's a great website as it allows you to search for free the indexes for births, deaths and marriages for Ireland and gives the reference numbers/details you will need if you want to request the certs from the GRO.  One of the problems with the birth indexes is that they only started recording the mothers maiden name in 1928 so the search for births of surname Curry with mother = Dunne will only return the ones after 1928 as in Sinann's last link (George, Ellen and Thomas).  You could request one of these certs to see if the details corresponds with your family and gives you any more useful information.

I would also recommend ordering the cert for Kevin Curry born Q4 1920, Dublin South, v2 p619 as this is the most likely candidate for your uncle.  I also think (but cannot guarantee) that the record of Mary Christina Curry born Q1, 1927, Dublin South, v2 p387 is very possibly your mother so I would also recommend obtaining this cert.  Bear in mind that Q1 1927 means that the childs birth was registered sometime in Jan - Mar 1927 and so could have been born in December 1926 (which would tie in with your mothers birth month - perhaps she just got the year wrong?).

I also think that, as Sinann said previously, Celbridge and Leixlip are just over the Dublin border into County Kildare and so there is a chance that your grandparents were living there and your Grandmother travelled to a Dublin Hospital to have her children.  Holles Street Maternity Hospital is on the southside of Dublin which would tie in with the registration district.  And as your mother's address on the marriage cert was Leixlip there is definitely a link to this area.  And so I also think the marriage of Michael Curry and Mary Dunne registered in Celbridge, Q2, 1921, v2 p404 is most likely your grandparents.

Well, it's mostly guess work at this stage, not sure what you'll think of it, but if I were you I'd get 3 certificates:
Marriage of Michael Curry and Mary Dunne, 1921
Birth of Kevin Curry, 1920
Birth of Mary Christina Curry, 1925

Let me know what you think and if you need any more information.  (Sinann your opinion would be welcome to!)

All the best
LostandFound

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 02 May 14 00:46 BST (UK) »
I think you have summed up everything perfectly LostAndFound.
There isn't anything more that can be done until the Certs are looked at.
It's up to you now Bambi, to decide to order them or not, if you have any trouble ordering the certs let us know. Remember you want research certs. 3 will cost €12.

If the marriage is correct we should than be able to find Mary and Michael in the 1911 census, depending on their age of course but I do see one possibility for Mary in Leixlip.

Offline bambi 1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 02 May 14 21:43 BST (UK) »
Thank you both i will order the 3 certs.next question is how do i order.
 Bambi
clark kent.   budd surry. westwood
kent.wood lambeth.barton kent. Jewiss Kent,Best Kent,Curry Dublin South,Dunne Dublin South

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Birth - Mary Christine Curry
« Reply #22 on: Friday 02 May 14 23:40 BST (UK) »
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=599538.0

The first post on the above link explains what you need and how to fill in the form and order by post.

You don't need the form, you can make your own, also it is now possible to get the Certs sent to you by email but you must order them in writing by post or fax, as most people don't feel safe putting card details on a fax, you would also need to phone with these as the fax is sent.
Waiting time varies depending on how busy they are but is only a few days to a week or two usually.

Offline bambi 1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 20 June 14 21:47 BST (UK) »
Sinann you said you found a possibility for mary dunne 1911 Leixlip ive tryed but could'nt find.please help thanks
kent.wood lambeth.barton kent. Jewiss Kent,Best Kent,Curry Dublin South,Dunne Dublin South

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 20 June 14 23:15 BST (UK) »
I should have posted a link at the time, I can't remember now. I just looked now and can only see a 4 year old in Leixlip which would be far too young.
Did you get any of the Certs. Her parents names should find her.
I'll read over the thread again and see if I can find the one I thought might be her.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 20 June 14 23:58 BST (UK) »
I'm getting no where.
I had a look for Cooldrinagh and it's listed under Lucan in the census but there is only one Dunne.
http://www.rootschat.com/links/015lj/

Also comparing the number of places listed under Leixlip in 1901 and 1911, there aren't as many in 1911 which might mean some places are missing.

Offline bambi 1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 21 June 14 15:33 BST (UK) »
got certs her parents were Peter Curry and Cathrine ?.thanks for looking