Author Topic: James Alfred Stokes and Family New York  (Read 4837 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: James Alfred Stokes and Family New York
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 13 March 14 17:06 GMT (UK) »
Rebecca Stokes - daughter of Alfred Stokes born September 16, 1949 in  Rochester, New York   and died November 20, 2008 in  Sutter, Hancock, Illinois.

FIND A GRAVE

Burial :- Good Hope Cemetery  Good Hope McDonough County Illinois.
Plot: Section 5

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0yfk/

There is an obituary for Rebecca -   Blandinsville Star-Gazette - Blandinsville, Illinois
Gives details of her mother (still living and family members)

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline ATGoldsmith

• RootsChat Member
  • Researching since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 13 March 14 17:30 GMT (UK) »
Thanks everyone for this information I have filled up two A4 pages with all the new facts!  It's also great because I previously had no idea where the two siblings: Henry and Ada went after their births!  It's also interesting seeing Frank Stokes over in America for the 1900 census as he died in WW1 for Britain.

I had suspicions that Henry and Ada emigrated...!

Thanks very much!

ATGoldsmith
British student studying in Poland who loves travelling!

Asbury, Berwick, Birkenhead, Boswell, Campbell, Catlin, C(h)rimes, Clarke, Coles, Crawford, Crowfoot, Denton, Downie, Durrant, Dutton, Eaton, Fairbrother, Goldsmith, Gower, Hawkes, Hepburn, Hulatt, Humstone, Ivory, Kent, Lynn, Lyon, Mahon, Mander, McCann, McGowan, McGregor, McKean, McLeod, McMahon, Meechan, Moses, Nelson, Pelling, Pemberton, Pickstone, Sconce, Stokes, Summerfield, Swannell, Terry, Thorowgood, Tierney, Varney, Webdale.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 13 March 14 17:44 GMT (UK) »
You're very welcome. Will send obituary for Rebecca Stokes by pm, it has further details of family for you.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline tscooke

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 24 July 14 05:24 BST (UK) »
Dear Mr/Mrs Goldsmith, I'm the Granddaughter of Frank Howard Stokes who emigrated to Western Australia.  Please feel free to email me any questions that you may have and if I cannot answer them straight away I will try to find out for you.   I have been researching another side of my family and it was only by chance that I stumbled across this website this morning.  Kindest Regards Tania

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 24 July 14 19:20 BST (UK) »
Hi tscooke.

Welcome to RootsChat

New members must make 3 posts before they can use the personal message system so that  ATGoldsmith would then be able to contact you.
If you are sending PMs to new members who have less than three posts you will receive an error message, that your limit, or allowed number has been reached. (note that it says your limit, although it actually refers to the recipient.)
Explained on this link. Hope this helps.

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php#write_pms

Sandra

Offline ATGoldsmith

• RootsChat Member
  • Researching since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 24 July 14 20:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks for finding me Tania, and welcome to RootsChat!

I will PM you my email address.

Mr ATGoldsmith
British student studying in Poland who loves travelling!

Asbury, Berwick, Birkenhead, Boswell, Campbell, Catlin, C(h)rimes, Clarke, Coles, Crawford, Crowfoot, Denton, Downie, Durrant, Dutton, Eaton, Fairbrother, Goldsmith, Gower, Hawkes, Hepburn, Hulatt, Humstone, Ivory, Kent, Lynn, Lyon, Mahon, Mander, McCann, McGowan, McGregor, McKean, McLeod, McMahon, Meechan, Moses, Nelson, Pelling, Pemberton, Pickstone, Sconce, Stokes, Summerfield, Swannell, Terry, Thorowgood, Tierney, Varney, Webdale.

Offline tscooke

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 25 July 14 01:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra, thanks for that info and yes, I did receive an error message from Mr Goldsmith.  I guess this post will count for number two and I'll gather some information about the late Frank Stokes and post it next so hopefully Mr Goldsmith can then PM me his email address.  Tania

Offline Debi Stokes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 05 April 19 17:14 BST (UK) »
I have been looking for information about Bertha for sometime and stumbled upon this page. She was my dad's mother Richard James Stokes , he was born in New York and had five brothers. Charles Stokes just passed away yesterday I am sorry to say. There are not many of us but we would be very eager to get in touch. I'm so happy!

Offline Debi Stokes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 05 April 19 17:56 BST (UK) »
For some reason I cannot direct message you, I'm hoping this will change in time