Author Topic: John Wigley  (Read 1784 times)

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Wigley
« on: Friday 09 May 14 08:29 BST (UK) »
Good Evening still trying to find John Wigley Commercial Clerk born 1796 place unknown died in Birmingham Ladywood in 1842 aged 46. Searched and found two John Wigley's baptised 16/3/1796 and 16/5/1796 parents John and Ann Wigley in this area  ??? anyone connected to them in some way or familiar with this family it may or not be my ancestor that I am searching for  :-[

Janet

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Wigley
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 May 14 11:15 BST (UK) »
Is he the one with son John Richard age 15 in 1841?

I see John Richard birthplace unknown but he was baptised Birmingham 15 Mar 1825 and born 14 Feb 1825 so was he really born elsewhere  :-\

Thinking he could have been born where his father was from.  Have you found whereabouts parents got married?

Also and this is a real long shot but you could try tracing the servant - birthplace outside county - just in case she has a link to John's birthplace.
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: John Wigley
« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 May 14 23:54 BST (UK) »
Good Morning Milliepede I don't know where you are going with this ??? I have tried searching through the servant and other sources. I have left this message regarding the John Wigley's from Shrophire. John and wife Harriett Porter were married in Birmingham in 1824, John not born in this county in the 1841 Census. :(

Janet