Author Topic: charles mackenzie scott  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Busysaddler

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
charles mackenzie scott
« on: Monday 16 June 14 13:27 BST (UK) »
hi all busy saddler here looking for a ggg great grandfather.from edinburgh. his name was charles mackenzie scott .he married sarah hague and they had a son edward mackenzie scott who migrated to australia in 1854. he was a builder . i think his farther was a builder as well . edward was born in 1833 so i think they would have been born around 1800s.

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: charles mackenzie scott
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 June 14 15:16 BST (UK) »
Hello and welcome to Rootschat.
Have you tried looking for their marriage and birth records on www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk ?
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 June 14 16:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Busysaddler

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

Old post from 2011 on another forum that is connected www.forum.familyhistory.uk.com/showthread.php?t=18221. Big struggle to find anything at all in Scotland unfortunately. Adding here so people can see what has already been looked and hopefully find something new.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Busysaddler

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 17 June 14 11:39 BST (UK) »
hi monica , busysaddler here thank you for replying to my post. have already looked threw those blogs and found a heap of information which gave me a place to start looking in scotland.might have to go to one of the ancestry sites where i have to pay for information. thank you very much  busysaddler.

Offline Busysaddler

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 17 June 14 11:44 BST (UK) »
hi craclyn, thanks for the post. no i haven't been on there yet but about to have a look. busysaddler.

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 17 June 14 16:19 BST (UK) »
Scotlandspeople works on a credit payment system, but you can get quite a lot of information by playing about with different search criteria and then paying one credit to view a page full of search results. This can be enough to give you date, location and parents names. After that you can view the actual record if you want to for 5 credits. Although I prefer subscriptions to credits the thing I like about Scotlandspeople is that you can get immediate access to the actual image and donīt have the wait of a couple of weeks to find out whether it was need that follows from the English GRO system of postal deliveries.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn