Author Topic: Bridget Kearney Born approx 1900 Died in childbirth on the 18th Aug 1940.  (Read 2239 times)

Offline pansypetal

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I am trying to find out details of Bridget Kearney Born approx 1900 Died in childbirth on the 18th Aug 1940. Married John Regan Dec 1919.

They had 12 children and then Bridget died in childbirth giving birth to twin girls. One twin was born alive and was baptised but later died , the other was stillborn. The twin that was born alive was buried with Bridget and the other buries elsewhere. There appear to be no records of this event happening. Bridgets death is not registered with Proni, nor is it on the computerised records at the Parish. There is no details of the twins or if they where named. Has anyone got any other suggestions of how we can find out more about the twins. Assuming the one that was baptised must have been given a name

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Bridget Kearney Born approx 1900 Died in childbirth on the 18th Aug 1940.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 March 14 17:37 GMT (UK) »
From your reference to PRONI, I assume that the family lived in Northern Ireland. Statutory records of births, deaths and marriages in Northern Ireland from 1.1.1922 onwards, are not on-line anywhere (yet). Consequently you won’t find them on Familysearch or any of the usual sites. You need to contact GRONI in Belfast (not PRONI) for details of these events.

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/gro

GRONI should be putting the records on-line some time in April but no date hasd been announced yet.

The GRONI database allows you to search births using the parents names, and leaving the child's name blank. This normally brings up all children born to that couple. However you have to go in to GRONI to do that search.
Elwyn

Offline pansypetal

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 March 14 17:41 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Elwyn, I have spoken to them and there is no record of the death on their system as they did a search for me. The death wasn't registered. So looking for alternative ways of trying to find out more details

Offline maryderry

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 26 March 14 15:25 GMT (UK) »
i see on the 1911 census there is a bridget kearney age 11 living with parents & sibs in a house 62 rocktown (rocktown,londonderry) if you then look there is a john regan age 18 living in a house 44 in rocktown(rocktown,londonderry) could be them,maybe. may give some clue to where they are buried if this is them they probable didn,t move to far after their marriage.
doolin?
quigley- hasson. stewart. lynch. doherty gallagher-derry
mclaughlin-  brennan .moville co. donegal
mctaggart
monaghan

Offline pansypetal

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 26 March 14 15:46 GMT (UK) »
thanks, I know exactly where Bridget is buried at Lavy Parish. The death has not been registered, nor has any details of the twins birth or death. The computerised parish records do not contain any details of either Bridgets death or the birth and death of the twins.

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 27 March 14 12:33 GMT (UK) »
Interestingly I also have a Bridget Kearney, however nee Byrne that died in childbirth in the 1890s, her daughter died a few months later. Her daughter's birth and death are registered but Bridget's death was not. I found her burial in Deansgrange a number of years back and pieced some of the family together then.

I was told at the time that if there was no land/property to pass on it was not unusual for the death of women to go unregistered. Especially those in childbirth as they were usually attended by a third party and no foul play would have been suspected.

There is no regisitered death for my grandmother who died in 1965; this is the latest death that I have found unregistered.
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder