Author Topic: Limerick O'Connor 's  (Read 2785 times)

Offline Tjfoconnor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Limerick O'Connor 's
« on: Friday 10 January 14 23:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
My name is Thomas J. O'Connor from Richmond, Va.  My great grandfather, Thomas H. O'Connor,  was born in County Limerick (not sure which parish, possibly Glin) in 1823.  His wife, Mary (maiden name not known, possibly Casey) was born in the parish of Glin, County Limerick in 1836.

I am trying to find information on any of the following: when and where they got married, Ireland or USA?  (have not been able to find any record of their marriage in USA yet), Mary's maiden name?, when he (or they) left Ireland for USA?.  I think they arrived in USA before 1860 because the USA 1860 census listed them as living in Virginia with a son, Michael who was listed as born in Virginia in 1858 ( although a later census listed him as born in Ireland?)

Can you suggest any resources on-line (other than ancestry.com which I think I've exhausted) or any other information or the next steps to take that may help me find the answers to the above questions?  I am planning a trip to Ireland this year (while I can still walk, I'm 73) and it would help greatly if I knew where to look for information like this.

Anyway, thanks for any help you may offer!

I greatly appreciate it.

T. J. O'Connor

Offline saddles

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick O'Connor 's
« Reply #1 on: Friday 10 January 14 23:45 GMT (UK) »
Hello.

Check your PM.

Mike.
Townson - Cartmel                      O'Malley - Askeaton, Ireland
Sadler - Dymock & Salford           Tomlinson - St Peters, Leeds
Wilkinson - Salford                      Chant - Sherbourne, Dorset
Garner - Pendleton

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 11 January 14 09:42 GMT (UK) »
Hello.

Check your PM.

Mike.

If information is sent by PM then anyone else reading the topic won't know what information might already have been found- so, they will either waste time finding the same details or not bother to search at all. So, unless the information involves living people, recent family details or personal information (email addresses, etc.) then it's best to post on the topic.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Tjfoconnor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 11 January 14 16:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello.

Check your PM.

Mike.

Mike,
Thank you for replying and the information about the electoral rolls.  Yes, I would appreciate any information  you may have regarding the O'Connor 's in Glin.  At this point, I seem to have reached a dead end and will persue any route available. 

Thanks again,
T.J.