Author Topic: John Patrick Doran February 1846 Clonroche  (Read 2225 times)

Offline Sue Lancashire

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Patrick Doran February 1846 Clonroche
« on: Sunday 24 August 14 02:58 BST (UK) »
 :) Hello from New Zealand. This is my second post re the above GGGGGrandfather, born Clonroche Wexford.

I have lots of information about John (Sometimes James) from 1870 forward.  No records for his marriage to Elizabeth Woodhouse found in the UK probably wed in the USA.

I have searched extensively for his pre 1870 history, especially his parentage. "Clonroche"  of Wexford detail and his age in years and months,  for his Police Employment Appointment has pinned him down to the month of February, 1846, Clonroche. His children are James, John Henry, Elizabeth , Mary Ann and Anastatia (Hannah).

I am still hoping to discover more about his parents... The above details are the closest I can get.

I am at catch 22/brick wall as I have not found marriage details, as yet. 1870 Census has him in Scott Township, Allegheny Pennsylvania as a gardener. Back in the UK (Salford) by 1872.

I am visiting in 2015 and would love to pin down a little more information about him. Any help, clues advice gratefully received. Thanks for reading.
Baxter, Kellet, Jennings, Marsden, Read, Speakman in Lancashire
Doran in Wexford,
Whalen and Welch in Waterford
Read, Roberts  in Denbighshire
Saunders in  Wiltshire, Sussex
Batchelor,  Whalen in Sussex
Sheppard in Wiltshire, Hampshire
Woodhouse, Tyler in Norfolk