Author Topic: Salisbury Cathedral infant burial CLOSED  (Read 1583 times)

Offline philipsearching

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I was a beautiful baby - what went wrong?
    • View Profile
Salisbury Cathedral infant burial CLOSED
« on: Thursday 17 July 14 22:15 BST (UK) »
In Salisbury cathedral I am sure there is a memorial slab for an infant whose death date precedes the birth date (due to the calendar being changed).  I seem to remember that if you enter the main west door, head left and turn the corner when you reach the north wall the stone is set in the floor about 4 or 5 pew rows down.

Two questions:
1) Does anyone have a photo of this grave, or can anyone post a link to where I can view it online?
2) Is my memory correct or is my brain playing tricks?

Philip
Please help me to help you by citing sources for information.

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Salisbury Cathedral infant burial
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 July 14 22:36 BST (UK) »
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline philipsearching

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I was a beautiful baby - what went wrong?
    • View Profile
Re: Salisbury Cathedral infant burial CLOSED
« Reply #2 on: Friday 18 July 14 18:10 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much, Craclyn.

Now I can show the image to my daughter who thought I was winding her up!

All the best
Philip
Please help me to help you by citing sources for information.

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Salisbury Cathedral infant burial CLOSED
« Reply #3 on: Friday 18 July 14 18:58 BST (UK) »
You are welcome Philip. I had never heard of this child at Salisbury before you asked, but I was fascinated because I hit the challenge with some of my ancestors of having to interpret dual dating in one of the parish records I was using. Their dates made sense once I saw the actual records but were really messed up in online transcriptions.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn