Author Topic: Rastrick/Raistrick William and Henry  (Read 3665 times)

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Rastrick/Raistrick William and Henry
« on: Thursday 01 May 14 11:22 BST (UK) »
I wonder if anyone can help me in regard to who was living where between 1851 and 1861.  My gg grandfather William Rastrick was born approx 1809 in Baildon it states on 1841/51/61, living with his wife Grace and family.  He was living at 52 Wapping Road Bradford on the 1851, then on 1861 was living at 32 Ebenezer Street Bradford.  I have been trying to find his birth parents for a long time now without success.  He married Grace Laycock in 1827 and had 9 children.  His first born Benjamin.
I have found several children born in Baildon for around this time but no William, with father of Benjamin, it may be his father isn't named Benjamin though.  I then found a death in Bradford observer of a Henry Rastrick of 34 Ebenezer St, died on 0/6/1856 age 43 a woolcomber, informant ws Jane Rastrick of same address but doesnt' state relationship.  I found a marriage of a Ann Jane Binns (widow) in 1852 henry was bachelor.  I found a birth for Henry in 1813 in Baildon and on marriage states his father as Benjamin.  I wondered if this henry was the brother of my William born in Baildon as William moved to 32 Ebenezer St, from Wapping road sometime between 1851 and 1861.  This is a long shot but I wondered who lived at these addresses between those years. 

Also, there is another query, I can find Henry Raistrick on 1841 born 1816 residing in Bradford West End age 25 and again on 1851 born Baildon age 36 named as brother in law.  I found these on Familysearch. Now I can't find this on ancestry though but do know it is on find my past but don't have subs for them so can't see who he is living with on both cns'.  Can anyone tell me who he was with please.
Regards
Catherine
Places:  Dublin, Stamullen, Julianstown, Meath, Shelvins in Monaghan, Donnybrook, Holywell Wales, Greenfield Wales, Baguilt Wales, Chester, Over in Cheshire, Tarporley in Cheshire, Bolton, Manchester UK, Clitheroe, Yorkshire West Riding, Bradford Yorks, Shipley Yorks

Surnames:  Griffith, Smy(i)th, McCormack, Stynes, McCabe, Howley, Raistrick, Laycock, Harding, Livesey, Unsworth, Hardin/en, Davies, Roberts, Johnson, Fielding

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rastrick/Raistrick William and Henry
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 May 14 11:31 BST (UK) »

Henry Raisbeck 36 wool comber brother in law born Baildon is with

Martin Bell 46 corn dealer
Mary 44 born Baildon
Richard 16
Joseph 12
Sarah Ann 7

Marriage 20 Dec 1825 Martin Bell and Mary Rastrick
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 01 May 14 11:37 BST (UK) »
Hi
Thank you so much Milliepede for your reply, this will hopefully fill in a few gaps now that I know his sister was Mary. 

Regards
Catherine
Places:  Dublin, Stamullen, Julianstown, Meath, Shelvins in Monaghan, Donnybrook, Holywell Wales, Greenfield Wales, Baguilt Wales, Chester, Over in Cheshire, Tarporley in Cheshire, Bolton, Manchester UK, Clitheroe, Yorkshire West Riding, Bradford Yorks, Shipley Yorks

Surnames:  Griffith, Smy(i)th, McCormack, Stynes, McCabe, Howley, Raistrick, Laycock, Harding, Livesey, Unsworth, Hardin/en, Davies, Roberts, Johnson, Fielding

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 01 May 14 11:38 BST (UK) »

Henry Raisbirck 25 wool comber is listed with a Charles Gamble 35 but if you look at the original sheet we have listed above with them ta da

Martin Bell 35
Mary 35
Richard 7
Joshua 3
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 01 May 14 11:53 BST (UK) »
So he's with his sister and family throughout 1841 and 1851 and married in 1852 and died 1856, poor man.  I wonder where their parents were then, Benjamin and ? I wonder if they were deceased before 1841.
Thanks once again
Catherine

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 01 May 14 13:57 BST (UK) »
In 1861 there's a younger Benjamin Rastrick born Baildon 1822 with a wife Ann and widowed mother Sarah Rastrick born 1787 Leeds. 

There are a couple of Benjamins about in 1841 but too young to be the father of Henry and Mary.

In 1852 marriage for Henry it doesn't say father deceased but as we know that doesn't mean he wasn't!  Occupation for Henry and father both comber.
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 01 May 14 14:07 BST (UK) »
This might be useful.

Looking for Martin Bell in 1861 he is a widow with son Joshua and daughter Sarah Ann so Mary has died. 

The family underneath is son Richard Bell with his wife Eliza daughter Margaret Ann and a lodger.........Benjamin Raistric born 1828 Bradford wool comber.
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 01 May 14 14:25 BST (UK) »
Sorry bit more - did your William die in 1884?  If so his probate entry mentions "Samuel the brother"
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 01 May 14 16:59 BST (UK) »
Oh wow! just need to take a really good look at all of this but I just saw that Benjamin born 1828 with Bell family, now my William had a son named Benjamin in.........1828! so let me take another look at it all and thank you so much I'll be back to you.
Catherine