Author Topic: Gilbert's Circus  (Read 4988 times)

Offline barrold

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Gilbert's Circus
« on: Monday 21 March 05 22:04 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone have any information about the origins/founders/proprietors of Gilbert's Circus, which was apparently well known in Norfolk around the 1900s?

More generally (and probably more optimistically), I am trying to trace information about the family and ancestors of Henry Walpole Gilbert who was born around 1847 and by the time of the 1901 census was living at 15 Gordon Road, Norwich.

Was there any connection between this branch of the Gilbert family and Gilbert's circus?

Offline chris keyworth

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gilbert's Circus
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 August 14 11:12 BST (UK) »
A good friend of mine who died a few years back Mrs Valerie Dean (nee Gilbert) originally from grimsby told me that her fathers family was involved with a world famous Circus, im not to sure of all the details but i hope this helps..
Valerie Gilbert (Immingham Died 2012)
son (*) Barrow upon Humber (and a good friend of mine).
Daughter (*) Stallingborough
Daughter (*) Immingham
Vals Brother John Gilbert (Perth Australia Died 2010)
Vals Brother (*)(Cleethorpes Still Alive)

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 August 14 11:19 BST (UK) »
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 14 August 14 11:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris

Welcome to Rootschat  ;D

barrold posted once and hasn't been back since 2005.

As long as his email address hasn't changed he will get an email notification tht you have posted.

We have a 'no living people' policy here at Rootschat so could I ask you to try using the 'modify' button on your post and remove their names.

Thanks

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea