Author Topic: Bridgend Cottage, Parish of Alvah  (Read 6584 times)

Offline Northern Jo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgend Cottage, Parish of Alvah
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 09 April 14 18:19 BST (UK) »
Thank you Forfarian for taking the time to stop and take the photo ---- this looks like a lovely, modern, home.  I've found so many places called "Bridgend" while doing the research but cannot find anything that states, absolutely, where Bridgend Cottage, Alvah is/was. This will suffice until I get a "bee in my bonnet" again about finding out exactly where Grandma was born.

:-\

Joanne
DUNCAN (and associated families of HAXTON, WATSON, WALLACE, BELL, ANDERSON, SPEED and LESSLIE) originated in Fifeshire, Scotland

REID (and associated families of HERON, KEITH, REIDFORD/REDFORD, MORRISON, WEBSTER, PIRIE, OGILVIE, DINGUAL, LAURENCE, GRANT, FRASER, and FORBES) originated in Banffshire, Scotland

CUNNINGHAM (pre 1780) -- John, Richard and Michael originated in Roscommon County, Ireland

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 09 April 14 18:28 BST (UK) »
Thank you Forfarian for taking the time to stop and take the photo ---- this looks like a lovely, modern, home.  I've found so many places called "Bridgend" while doing the research but cannot find anything that states, absolutely, where Bridgend Cottage, Alvah is/was. This will suffice until I get a "bee in my bonnet" again about finding out exactly where Grandma was born.

This, taken with my earlier post above, is exactly that statement. There is no other Bridgend in the parish of Alvah. I am telling you that this is the Bridgend where your Grandma was born, although the actual building she was born in no longer exists.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Northern Jo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 09 April 14 20:24 BST (UK) »
Once again Forfarian, thank you very much for stopping at Bridgend and providing the photo.

As I, unfortunately, don't have the funds and/or the time to travel to Scotland to tromp through the regions of my ancestors, everyone who takes the time to provide us with information about those areas is greatly appreciated.  If it wasn't for people like you, we would spend a lot more time banging our heads against those proverbial 'brick walls'.

Joanne
DUNCAN (and associated families of HAXTON, WATSON, WALLACE, BELL, ANDERSON, SPEED and LESSLIE) originated in Fifeshire, Scotland

REID (and associated families of HERON, KEITH, REIDFORD/REDFORD, MORRISON, WEBSTER, PIRIE, OGILVIE, DINGUAL, LAURENCE, GRANT, FRASER, and FORBES) originated in Banffshire, Scotland

CUNNINGHAM (pre 1780) -- John, Richard and Michael originated in Roscommon County, Ireland