Author Topic: shergold shurgold sheargold  (Read 7853 times)

Offline mshergold

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: shergold shurgold sheargold
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 03 December 11 04:18 GMT (UK) »
Online in chatroom, will provide inadvertant comments of sites i feel you may need to visit for your family research.....    after seeing others work in chatroom i feel others are better at actual online lookup..  However the clues or lines or sites or comments I make are for you to either take on board or dismiss.

I find i like the conversations related to inadvertant comments regarding facts of people places and events to provoke responses from people on the ground worldwide.

Offline mshergold

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 03 December 11 04:19 GMT (UK) »
charts on shergold county durham and yorkshire  worcestershire suffolk are now done 2011

shergold county durham includes some of the cheesbrough clan

Offline mshergold

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 03 December 11 04:32 GMT (UK) »
here is the basis for one of the charts

Offline mshergold

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 03 December 11 17:26 GMT (UK) »
the warminster branch is now complete   ,   alderbury is being done now, and wilton  is almost completely finished leading into the finshed  wales chart

Offline fastfusion

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 29 January 13 13:20 GMT (UK) »
South Africa:

The Shergold family that ventures to Africa at different times is fairly well done now.   Our most famous member was murdered on Lake Nyandra. The life of George Shergold Smith is rich is resources,    and traced back to the United Kingdom, to the degree of being connected to our consul family member of Archangel in Russia.  The structure continued somewhat to one of the relatives , a Shergold, marrying into the Crawford family. Crawford was a cricketer and a member of the Veterinary support forces.     The Shergolds were represented in the Zulu Wars and surviving that
went on to India.    The Shergolds were also represented in various forms in the Boer Wars. Hubert Shergold a musician related to the Shropshire branch even went to South Africa with the Fordred Band. The Shergolds also through the cousins of George Shergold Smith married in again to a family in South Africa.
Then many years passed when the Kroon family who were of Cape Town and in the Maritime Services became married into the Shergold family, and all this now is proven to be related to me. 

I am currently writing the detailed story with all its intricies........ I was able to obtain many stories articles and facts about the African adventures and when finished should be a good read even for me......

Marty Shergold

Offline fastfusion

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 29 January 13 13:39 GMT (UK) »
The Americas

The Internet has opened the opportunities of the research of the Shergold family in the Americas. So far I have noticed participation in the Carson Expedition which results in Charles Shergold getting a broken leg. The Civil War adventures and structures trace back to Monmouthshire and that branch pretty much dies out. Bill Shergolds life was interesting as a war participant and a club owner whose father came from Jamaica.
The Paint shop in Chicago and that branch was completed recently due to the release of the 1940 census, and through excellent sources in the obituaries I was able to bring the Chicago lines up to the relative current day. Due to a dead letter in a post office I was able to track one member of the Shergolds back to London, and that relates
back to the early London structures of the pawnbrokers shop Judeth had.
The story of Captain Shergold of the CSL in Canada and the Isle of Wight is nearing completion. And the other Shergold immigrants to Canada have almost been completed however a lot of the occupations are still missing.
I was also able to track the life of Major Shergold of the Canadian Forces and a few other Shergolds that passed through that wonderful country.
The Jamaica branches in relation to the Printery and the plantation, and the association to the bucanneers has been researched but I havent yet written the final draft from the research. And finally of the Americas I have not yet been able to discover the background of the rector in Brazil,  or where and of to whom his wife came from but have finally found the good rector and his wifes life through the UK to eventually being buried in Scotland. The court cases for which the rectors wife were interesting and add to the charactor of their profiles.

There is still a long way to go with the American connections in the storywriting but with Maureen and Margarets help we have  come a long way in completing the research.

Marty Shergold

Offline fastfusion

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 29 January 13 14:30 GMT (UK) »
"Other families researched over the last year in relationship to the Shergold family"

I have had the great privilige over the last 15 months to expand the capacity of research  mainly to do some of the marryin families.
Some of these major works needed included the following:

Audigier / Hancock / Baldaro  a phrenologist of France
Avenell of Swindon area - farmers and a civil servant
Duberly -
Fancourt / Pearne  - from a ship run aground on a sandbank in  a Nelson battle to a blind manufacturer in London
Ireland of GLS -     and to my surprise the shop is still there in Cirencester
Penruddocke -   who chopped of my ancestors head before having his own lopped
Pollexfen to Yates    politics to boat building to poetry
Browning to Shergold Browning - authors to banking with the Rothchilds
Schonewald  -  pianofortes
Sondheim   a Belguim connection
Shergold Sharp -  a chemist
Swanborough -   servants and farmers who were associated with the deMalets
Triquet -
Tiviotdale -
Waldegrave of GLS -   a shoe factory
Wattleworth of Wiltshire  - a publican who was a GWR man

More work was done away from the Kit Withers research of the Sutton branch
so now Wadham Locke / Paradise and numerous offshoots have been completed, which
included the 1st Police Commissioner of Victoria and a Governor of Canada., which proved Francis of the Bampton Dancers theory correct and God Bless Him, its a shame I can't show him how he was related to Wadham
The other major research completed now has been the Somersetshire branch , a name variant and Shargool the musicans provided some very interesting research leading to Birmingham.
What astounded me is that for all the folk who had done research on the family none had done much on any of the above mentioned names.
I was astounded that many inter family connections existed creating a social environment that only play and screen writers could envy.
And finally after some resolve I have finished researching the 1763 Bible and Mr Riders life.

Marty Shergold