Author Topic: Arndt Family of Colmar/Kolmar and Nakel/Kingdom of Prussia  (Read 1096 times)

Offline dinkey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Arndt Family of Colmar/Kolmar and Nakel/Kingdom of Prussia
« on: Saturday 05 May 12 09:07 BST (UK) »
Looking for any information on the following family who came to Liverpool between 1876 and 1881. Some of the family changed their surname to Arnold.

The family consisted of Charles born 1832
wife Paola/Pauline born 1836
son Simon 1860
son Ernest 1863
son Elias 1865
son Matthew 1866
son Max 1868
son Dorchen 1871
daughter Dorah 1872
son Joseph 1873
daughter Helana 1876

I would like to find out about this family prior to them coming to England as well as make contact with anyone connected to them.

regards

dinkey
TRAVIS/ROCHDALE-OLDHAM-TODMORDEN-ASHTON-U-LYNE-BURY AREAS
DALTON/WIDNES- CHESHIRE-THORNTON-FLEETWOOD

Offline Carol Anderson

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Arndt Family of Colmar/Kolmar and Nakel/Kingdom of Prussia
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 October 14 20:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Dinkey
Hope you are still looking for this info: it sounds like my great grandfather, Simon Arndt (b1860) and his family.  All we have so far is he married twice, to Kate in 1881 and then Sarah in 1891, both in Liverpool.  His children were born in Liverpool, Cardiff and Birmingham.  His second youngest child was Ernest, my grandfather, who moved to London before WW1 and joined the army when he was only 15/16.  He marries Faye Abrahams, lived in London and Sheffield and died of TB in 1942.
My Dad is 86 now but is very interested in family history, but we have a lot more on the Abrahams side.  Have you found out anything else since you posted this?
Cheers
Carol