Author Topic: Glossop Census Look up 1891  (Read 1183 times)

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Glossop Census Look up 1891
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 16 February 14 23:58 GMT (UK) »
 ;D So the Florence WHYATT who married a possible Walter Higginbottom June qtr 1901 Glossop 7b 1803 had her surname transcribed incorrectly, or was it that the Wyatt surname was used with variations?

Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lazarus

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 17 February 14 00:04 GMT (UK) »
I believe it may have been incorrectly transcribed.My Wyatts rarely written as Whyatt but did happen.

Rex
Wyatt and Wood of Glossop, Derbyshire. Longstaff of Bishop Auckland,Durham. Harry of St Austell and St Kew,Cornwall. Charters of County Antrim.Knight of Warwickshire.Hendy of Ballyedmonduff.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 17 February 14 00:13 GMT (UK) »
I believe it may have been incorrectly transcribed.My Wyatts rarely written as Whyatt but did happen.

Rex

;D Rex would love to know how you can type/write an "H" in if already wasn't there!

PS have you looked 1911/Emigration/Army records/Births post 1911 Higginbottom/Higgenbottom mothers maiden name Whyatt/Wyatt

Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 17 February 14 10:48 GMT (UK) »
The Florence WHYATT with the ROBINSONS certainly looks like she  could be  "Telmann' WYATT!
Burt of course, I can't say it is...similarly, I can't say the Florence WYATT who married Walter HIGGINBOTTOM is the same Florence WHYATT who was with the ROBINSONS (though I do believe it is probably her)   -  the marriage cert may be the key proof here!

The HIGGINBOTTOM/WYATT marriage is correct in as much as those two parties did marry.  The family ended up in British Columbia (BC) Canada, Daughter Doris died  there in 1983 age 79, dob 10 Oct 1903:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/X7YS-9KP

You can also see the image of Doris' death cert here - which names her parents and POB.
http://search-collections.royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/Genealogy/basicSearch
Her brother Walter jnr, also living in BC,  was the informant for her death.

Their mother, Florence HIGGINBOTTOM (again you can find the cert image at that link provided above):
Died Sidney, BC in 1966 - she'd been in Canada 53 years, in BC for 48 and in Sidney for 9.
She was English born, Canadian Citizen with dob: 12 Oct 1879 and widow of Walter HIGGINBOTTOM.
Daughter Doris was the informant. Unfortunately, the names of Florence's  parents are marked as  :'( 'Unknown"......

......However, if you were to take a punt on the Birth Cert for Florence WYATT registered in Hayfield , Dec Qtr 1879 - I'd say chances are you'd be lucky enough to see the same DOB (12 Oct 1879) and hopefully,   the mother of the child as Hannah nee PETERS!  ;D

This is the HIGGINBOTTOM's in 1911
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/X7YS-9KL
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/X7YS-9KG
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/X7Y9-RJH

28 Primrose Lane Glossop

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline Lazarus

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 17 February 14 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Ambly
I appreciate your contribution.
I am hoping a number of basic questions can be answered from certificates now ordered.

Rex
Wyatt and Wood of Glossop, Derbyshire. Longstaff of Bishop Auckland,Durham. Harry of St Austell and St Kew,Cornwall. Charters of County Antrim.Knight of Warwickshire.Hendy of Ballyedmonduff.

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 18 February 14 04:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rex,

Do let us know the outcome of the certs - always nice to have some 'closure' on the family searches  we participate in  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers
AMBLY

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline Lazarus

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 18 February 14 06:01 GMT (UK) »
Hello Ambly
I will be glad to let you know the final outcome.
Thanks for your help.

Rex