Author Topic: Robert Parry from Anglesey, North Wales to Cambria, Wisconsin  (Read 1126 times)

Offline dragonT

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Robert Parry from Anglesey, North Wales to Cambria, Wisconsin
« on: Saturday 20 September 14 20:57 BST (UK) »
A memorial to the Parry family in Cambria cemetery, Columbia County, Wisconsin marks the last resting place of Robert Parry, who died aged 58 in 1892.
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=parry&GSfn=robert&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSob=n&GRid=33384699&df=all&
I believe he is Robert Parry my great grand uncle, baptized at Llanfair-yn-Neubwll Parish Church, Anglesey on May 25, 1834, the fourth of eleven children of David Parry and Elinor Davies. In the UK census of 1841 he is living in the family home aged seven. I can find nothing about him after this date until his death in 1892.
Also mentioned on the Parry memorial in Cambria cemetery are Love Hughes – b. abt. 1826, d. Chicago July 17, 1907 and Sarah Jones – b. abt. 1828, d. Cambria May 15, 1892. I believe they are related to Robert Parry as outlined below and prove that the Robert Parry buried in Cambria cemetery is the same Robert Parry who was baptized in 1834 in Anglesey.
Love Hughes (originally Annwyl Hughes – Annwyl translates from Welsh as Beloved) married Elizabeth T. Parry at Cook County Courthouse, Chicago, Illinois on June 29, 1873. They were living in Cook County for both the 1880 and 1900 US census. Elizabeth Parry is the tenth child of David Parry/Elinor Davies, born March 1847. Following the death of Love Hughes she returned to Anglesey and was recorded as Elizabeth Tyran Hughes in Holyhead, Anglesey, living with her niece, in the 1911 census. She died in 1919 and was buried in the parish of her birth with her sister Margaret Parry, who had never married. Elizabeth’s death registration describes her as the widow of Love Hughes.
Sarah Jones, who is buried with her husband William A. Jones (abt. 1818 – July 1896) at Cambria cemetery, is, I believe, Sarah Parry, eldest sibling of Robert and Elizabeth, born abt.1828 in Llanfair-yn-Neubwll. She was living at the family home, aged 13 in 1841 and was with another Parry family in Anglesey in 1851. The next record I have for her is the 1880 US census, living with husband William A. Jones and daughter Abbie J. Jones (age 13) in Cambria.

Can anyone help to fill the large gaps in the histories of Robert and Sarah Parry? All help much appreciated, thank you in advance.
Anglesey - Thomas:
Bodedern, Heneglwys, Llanfair-yn-Neubwll.
Anglesey - Jones:
Llanfaethlu, Llanfair-yn-Neubwll, Rhoscolyn.
Anglesey - Parry:Llanfair-yn-Neubwll.
Anglesey - Lewis:Llanbadrig.
Anglesey - Willins & Tyran/Tyrer

Caernarvonshire - Evans and Lewis:Llanberis.

Denbighshire - Jenkins:Llandynan, Llantysilio, Cerrigydrudion.
Denbighshire - Jones:Rhos, Ruabon.
Denbighshire - Jones:Henllan

Flintshire - Mathews:Northop

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Genealiza

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Parry from Anglesey, North Wales to Cambria, Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 September 14 15:38 BST (UK) »
"I believe he is Robert Parry my great grand uncle, baptized at Llanfair-yn-Neubwll Parish Church, Anglesey on the May 25, 1834, the fourth of eleven children of David Parry and Elinor Davies." 

You also mention his possible sisters, Elizabeth and Sarah.   Have you accounted for the other children of David and Elinor?  Could there be a brother, John, that also immigrated?

Offline dragonT

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Parry from Anglesey, North Wales to Cambria, Wisconsin
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 21 September 14 18:45 BST (UK) »
David and Elinor's other children are accounted for, and there wasn't a son John.
Robert had two brothers and eight sisters, the other two boys being David (1831 - 1894) and Evan (1841 - 1918).
Anglesey - Thomas:
Bodedern, Heneglwys, Llanfair-yn-Neubwll.
Anglesey - Jones:
Llanfaethlu, Llanfair-yn-Neubwll, Rhoscolyn.
Anglesey - Parry:Llanfair-yn-Neubwll.
Anglesey - Lewis:Llanbadrig.
Anglesey - Willins & Tyran/Tyrer

Caernarvonshire - Evans and Lewis:Llanberis.

Denbighshire - Jenkins:Llandynan, Llantysilio, Cerrigydrudion.
Denbighshire - Jones:Rhos, Ruabon.
Denbighshire - Jones:Henllan

Flintshire - Mathews:Northop

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk