« on: Monday 08 September 14 03:03 BST (UK) »
is there any hendy family searchingin kidderminster

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: hendy
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 September 14 03:32 BST (UK) »
Are you specifically looking for other Hendy researchers, or do you need help with tracing your Hendy family?

It might help if you give a bit more detail - names, dates and relationships etc, then anyone who comes across this thread in the future will know exactly which Hendy family you are researching. If you need help with your research tell us the last known sighting of your family and we will try to track them down.

There don't appear to be any other Hendy researchers on rootschat - that surname does not appear on the Surname Interests Table - so you may wish to add it?
http://surname.rootschat.com/sit-surnames.php?letter=H

The link to surname interests is in the box under 'Tools' at the bottom of each rootschat page.

I think it is also possible that the surname has variants, some of which you will see in the surname interests, so worth checking for different interpretations of the surname.

Offline dove13au

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 08 September 14 03:50 BST (UK) »
ty i am looking for any info on mothers parents.i think charles hendy 22/08/1897 born kent is her father he died 11/5/1978 in kidderminster.have not been able to find his parents.my mother elizabeth hendy born 15/10/1928 died 25/8/2007 in australia.she said she was born in kent and was fostered.how true this is i do not know.i have had info before on here but thought i would try again for info.thank you for any help

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 08 September 14 09:05 BST (UK) »
Take it one step at a time
Have you got your mothers birth cert? That should give her parents names and mothers maiden name.
Then you can look for their marriage, and the marriage cert will give hopefully fathers names.
Then hopefully you can find the relevant families on censuses.
You say you think her father was Charles bn 1897, then say you cant find his parents. No point in looking for his parents intil you are sure you have found the right Charles for her father!  If you are sure - Where did the dob come from? Have you looked on 1901/1911 censuses? Who was your mums mother?
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 08 September 14 09:13 BST (UK) »
Looking at the birth indexes, there is no birth of Elizabeth Hendy in Oct/Nov/Dec 1928 in Kent, or indeed anywhere.

Maybe she "lost a year" in her age as time went by, and was actually born 1927? There is one Elizabeth Hendy birth as follows -
Oct/Nov/Dec 1927
St George Hanover Sq
Ref 1 a. 494
Mothers maiden name Parsons

But the only Handy/Parsons marriage I can see was miles away on Isle of Wight in 1921, and that was a William Hendy, so not looking like your one..

Where did you find that her Dad was Charles?

Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 08 September 14 18:10 BST (UK) »
Sister in law has hendy relatives but Cannock and Walsall areas and are tracking back to tipton and Dudley in the 1800's.

Offline dove13au

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 09 September 14 01:34 BST (UK) »
when we lived in england we knew charles hendy as our grandfather.he was living with nellie phipps who we knew as our grand mother have not been able to find birth cert of mum with nellie .on mums marriage cert charles hendy is the father.have checked the one in hanover it is not mum have not been able to find her birth cert even checking checking differant birth years.ty