Author Topic: Achau rhai o deuluoedd hen siroedd Caernarfon, Meirionydd a Threfaldwyn HELP  (Read 2936 times)

Offline djtreacle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I have just purchased the above book and am having a problem deciphering it.  I wonder if anyone here is familiar with it and A) can decipher what some of the notes refer to eg p 2.12 Robert Owen Hafod ysbyty or B) if anyone has done a comprehensive study of the generations of Hafod ysbyty as a house.  None of the dates seem to relate to my ancestors who were resident in this house from 1750's to mid 1880's. 
Any information would be most gratefully received.
L
Owen, Roberts: Yspytty Ifan
Wright; Clavering Essex
Watts, Barnes: Staines/Chertsey
Allen: Battersea
Nightingale: Battersea

Offline Dolgellau

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Achau rhai o deuluoedd hen siroedd Caernarfon, Meirionydd a Threfaldwyn HELP
« Reply #1 on: Friday 21 June 13 21:13 BST (UK) »
Which edition of the book do you have? the first (with a blue cover) or the second (with a brown cover)

Offline djtreacle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Achau rhai o deuluoedd hen siroedd Caernarfon, Meirionydd a Threfaldwyn HELP
« Reply #2 on: Friday 21 June 13 21:42 BST (UK) »
Hi there,
The second with the brown cover the ref for Robert Owen reads p2.12 1767 (R) on page 88.  I have a Robert Owen in my tree residing there between 1738-1814, do you think this reference is relevant to him please?
Kind regards
L
Wright; Clavering Essex

Offline Dolgellau

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 June 13 22:38 BST (UK) »
The references say that Eleanor (second daughter of William Williams gent) was baptised in 1747 She married on 2nd December 1767 in Beddgelert to Robert Owen Hafod Yspyty futher details of the family are on chart [31] (page 44).

On page 294 of the book there is a list of abbreviations, most are for place names and are self explanatory. The ones that are most useful to know are
b baptism;
c. buried;
d.p. no children;
ef. twins;
g birth;
h.b. never married;
m death;
p married

Offline djtreacle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 21 June 13 23:50 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for the tips, has made a lot of sense now, you are very kind.
regards
L
Wright; Clavering Essex