Author Topic: Stewart John PIERSON 5th QIB  (Read 13730 times)

Offline lyn22

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Stewart John Pierson 5th QIB
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 10 May 12 05:39 BST (UK) »
Does his marriage certificate name the same parents as are given on the Desert Column forum?

Father: Edward James Pierson

Mother: Sarah Elizabeth Henderson

Debra  :)Thanks Dundee I will go back in my paperwork I am confusing myself. because Attestation papers say Mrs E. Hansen Mother and Death certificate says Mother unknown Father Stewart John Pearson and his own name as Stewart John Pearson spelling of Pearson should be Pierson . I will get back to you.
Peter Burke father Dominick Burke wife Bridget Bagley son James Burke wife Lucy Dyke County Mayo Coventry England Australia . Grant ,Snell,Diggins , Burton, James Frederick Elmore /Elmer , Alfred James Bailey , Julia Elmore , Pierson

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 10 May 12 06:46 BST (UK) »
His marriage certificate should have details of who he thought his parents were, do you have a copy of that?

Debra  :)

Offline lyn22

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 10 May 12 06:54 BST (UK) »
hello Debra I have his marriage certificate I tried to post it but it says file to large so I couldnt figure it out it says father Stewart John Pierson mother unknown fathers profession Baker 23 rd June 1904 fathers address 18 earl st Windsor
Peter Burke father Dominick Burke wife Bridget Bagley son James Burke wife Lucy Dyke County Mayo Coventry England Australia . Grant ,Snell,Diggins , Burton, James Frederick Elmore /Elmer , Alfred James Bailey , Julia Elmore , Pierson

Offline lyn22

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 10 May 12 23:37 BST (UK) »
In 1903-1908 Sarah Elizabeth was a storekeeper in Bundaberg living with children Amy, Lillis, and Rowland.  She died in 1911.

1911/C406   Sarah Elizabeth Morrison   Peirson   Robert Henderson   Margaret Jane Mulholland

Births of her children:

1871/C2220   Sarah Ada Emmeline   Peirson   Edward James   Sarah Elizabeth Henderson
1878/C5999   Pearl Daisy Eva           Peirson   Henry Edward   Sarah Elizabeth Henderson
1880/C6720   Lillis Mabel Constance   Peirson   Henry Edward   Sarah Elizabeth Henderson
1881/C6772   Rowland Henry Edward   Peirson   Henry Edward   Sarah Elizabeth Henderson
1883/C8199   Dinna Victoria Beatrice   Peirson   Henry Edward   Sarah Elizabeth Henderson

The deaths of her children:

1908/C2541   Beatrice Dinah Victoria   Peirson   Henry Edward Peirson   Sarah Elizabeth Morrison Henderson
1911/C324   Rowland Henry Edward   Peirson   Henry Edward Peirson   Sarah Elizabeth Henderson
1932/B18849   Sarah Ada Emmeline   Peirson   Edward James                   Sarah Elizabeth Henderson
1946/C2880   Lillis Mabel Constance   Peirson   Henry Edward                   Sarah Elizabeth Morrison Henderson
1951/C5003   Amy Ethel Maud           Peirson   Edward James                   Sarah Elizabeth Henderson

I think this shows that your man was not connected to this family.
 hello Debra this is interesting Edward and Henry Pierson were brothers they are somehow connected to Stewart John Pierson but not sure how because SJP is mentioned in Edwards will . I have been in touch with cousin who posted on Desert forum and she is going to go back over her paperwork .This family seems to be connected somehow but not sure how thanks for that Lynette

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 11 May 12 01:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Lynette,

I think that from Stewart's signature he was an educated man.  He says he was born in Toowoomba - have you followed up on school records and Church baptismal records?  These may also help to establish whether or not his mother was indigenous and if he was taken from her.  The Toowoomba FHS should be able to advise you on the records available.

Sarah Elizabeth Morrison HENDERSON married firstly to Edward James PEIRSON in 1870 and he died in 1875.

She then married his brother Henry Edward PEIRSON in 1877.

Edward died intestate and his estate was not administered until 1901.  Do you mean that Stewart is mentioned in Henry's Will (died 1920)?

Do you know about the Peirson Memorial Trust?

I am leaning towards Stewart being Henry's son, born before his marriage to Sarah.  It would explain why he was never really sure who his parents were.

Offline lyn22

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 11 May 12 02:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks Debra the info I have about the will is that Stewart John is mentioned in Edwards Will could be wrong cousin is still checking her paperwork. You have given me some good leads and the family are very excited about the info on Sarah . I dont know about the Pierson Memorial trust  ? Thanks again Lynette

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 11 May 12 03:26 BST (UK) »
Some deaths and details of where the money went.  There is probably more, but you need to spell the name PEIRSON.  The family themselves consistantly used this spelling.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/22027128?searchTerm=peirson%20goodwood&searchLimits=
http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/83684550?searchTerm=peirson%20goodwood&searchLimits=
http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/50304853?searchTerm=peirson%20goodwood&searchLimits=

http://www.findandconnect.gov.au/qld/biogs/QE00140b.htm

Edward and Henry were born in Heytesbury, Wiltshire, hence the name of the house and property.  Coincidentally, their father John was a baker!

I have had a look and cannot find another brother named John or Stewart - brothers were William and Rowland. 

Offline lyn22

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 11 May 12 04:44 BST (UK) »
You are a STAR Debra thankyou so much for taking so much time to help with this I have passed the information on to the Cousins who have been researching this family for a while and will let you know what they say thanks again Lynette

Offline susse000

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 12 May 12 08:48 BST (UK) »
Hello Debra,
Lynette has suggested i put up a question to you, I am another family member researching Stewart John Pierson - he is my great grandfather, Im wondering if you could find any information on a Seabert Julius Pierson he married Annie Dennes 15th August 1896 in Queensland.
I have a feeling he is actually stewart John Pierson and his mother is Sophia Elizabeth Hansen from Rockhampton Queensland and he has changed his name when he joined the army perhaps?
I cannot find anything more on either names
regards
Susan