Author Topic: james smith arbroath  (Read 3549 times)

Offline Allison Smith

• RootsChat Extra
  • from the city but live in the scottish borders love the country living , best disision ive ever made
    • View Profile
james smith arbroath
« on: Sunday 16 February 14 23:58 GMT (UK) »
I am sure everyone from James siblings are past apart from David  I'm granddaughter of James smith ,glades Watson smith I'm doin a family tree and stuck on James
I know he wad 1of 5 children David Isabella George and frank he was from arbroath did marry gladys in arbroath they had 3 children , they lived in arbroath Glasgow and under family still in Glasgow unsure of who and if were married if children dont know dates any one able to help.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: james smith arbroath
« Reply #1 on: Monday 17 February 14 08:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Allison ,welcome to RootsChat  :)

To prevent duplicating effort , we have edited you're posts so now there is just this post on the Angus board.

Also , we are not allowed to give out information on living or possibly living people on the open Forums.
You may wish to edit you post for living persons(click the MODIFY button at the top right of you're post - you have 24 hours to modify your post).

http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/ will have your grandparents marriage details. Once you have registered you can search the indexes for free.
If your grandparents marriage was after 1938 you will need to order the certificate(£12).
The certificate should give you the names of both sets of parents.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Allison Smith

• RootsChat Extra
  • from the city but live in the scottish borders love the country living , best disision ive ever made
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 17 February 14 09:46 GMT (UK) »
some more family come to light, james smith his mother was issabella (clarke) smith , not sure her partners name , but james smith was born in a place near montrose/arbroath - inverkellior, he worked as a night watchment, bin ma and a foundry ( with metal) his full name possibly being- james stewart carnegie smith, his brother david married to lotty who had 2 children , david owned the pub in glasgow - the horse shoe bar and as far as im aware his sons still run the pub,david left school at the age of 14 and became a message boy for rocksons butchers in arbroath (unsure of dates/spelling)
issabella smith married jim edge - isabella went from arbroath to austrilaia for 109 years then to glasgow
frank smith went from arbroath to austrialia unkown if married or children this was in 1965 my dad was only 4 years old
george smith married kath ( cath, unsure of spelling ) from arbroath but went to austrilia

Offline Allison Smith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 17 February 14 10:03 GMT (UK) »
isabella clark smith has a grave in arbroath with her husband unsure of his name but these will be my great grandparents

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 18 February 14 11:00 GMT (UK) »
James Stewart C Smith / Gladys Watson marriage 1955 Arbroath , Angus.

Birth James Stewar C Smith 1932 Inverkeilor Angus.

Death James Stewart C Smith 1985 Dundee Angus , born c1932 , mother's maiden name Clark.

Death Gladys Smith(other surname Watson) 1995 Dundee Angus , born c1933.

Birth Gladys Watson 1933 Arbroath Angus.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Allison Smith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 18 February 14 18:07 GMT (UK) »
thank you for the respond with dates i can now add these to my family tree what a brill result thanks for that , i am now on the look out for james stewarts c smiths fathers name , if any ones can help