Author Topic: looking for a Parish in Dublin  (Read 3629 times)

Offline bobdunford6

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
looking for a Parish in Dublin
« on: Thursday 29 August 13 13:59 BST (UK) »
first my Irish family was found in 1901 census. living at 1.2 in 172 leeson park avenue (rathmines and rathgar east. Dublin.could you please tell me what parish this is in.
second time, they were found in  the 1911 census .living in 1.2 westmoreland park(rathmines and rathgar east. Dublin .what parish is this .this might help my search .
now looking at what roots chat has found out for me .which is more then i thought they could.now i would like to find out more about  (my wife's) grand father john Murphy and his wife Anne Murphy.
when and where they got married.how many children did they have.and who did there children marry
and of course if i can john Murphy .father and mother
there is a story which has come up which i don.t know how true it is,
i think they are just summarizing. only they say maria and Anne were friends along time ago
Maria Greeg ,Father who was a Minister for the Church of Ireland, lived in co monaghan with his family, who wanted a cleaner.and cook .Anne from co wicklow, turned up .and worked there, and as Anne and maria were near the same age they got on well with each other,.so when maria married Mr Greeg .And went to live in Dublin 29 Leeson Park Avenue.Her father knowing how Bad Maria Health was, Sent Anne with her .Who then met and Married John Murphy.Maria Greeg had Two Children .a Boy and a Girl .The Girl later Married a Mr Kelly, So we had Mary Kelly Grand Daughter.Mr Greeg Died .And so did Maria.s Father .Who left her all that Money.
So Maria Greeg, Bought a Bigger House in 72 Leeson Park Avenue .Taking along with her .Her Granddaughter Mary Kelly . And her friend and Cleaner.Anne Murphy and her Husband and Children ,
Maria Greeg, died in 1904.leaving her money left from her father to her son.
So the Murphy Family had to find a New Home.Taking with them Mary Kelly, who now is called Ginney Kelly.
So if Anne Murphy Born 1851.Her oldest Son Peter Murphy was 39 in 1911, He was born 1872
He was born when she was 21 Years old.So John and Anne could have been Married in 1871.
Maria Greeg born 1852.Was one year Younger then Anne Murphy
Maria could have married Mr Greeg in 1870.when she was 18

One more thing.
in the 1901 and the 1911 census we have,john and anne murphy four sons.
now there family say they had 7 sons and a daughter
now looking at this
Anne Murphy born 1851

we have Peter Murphy born 1872 when Anne was 21 years old
                                          gap of 11 years   could have had more children
             Patrick Murphy born 1883 when Anne was 32 years old
                                           gap of 4 years
             Michael Murphy born 1887 when Anne was 36 years old
                                            gap of 3 years
             Thomas Murphy born 1890 when Anne was 39 years old   
so his family could be right

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: looking for a Parish in Ddublin
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 August 13 11:21 BST (UK) »
Resources board is for, well, resources not queries and you've already at least one thread looking for details of this family (duplicate topics cause extra work and confusion for those trying to help).
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline bobdunford6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 14 September 13 14:48 BST (UK) »
Resources board is for, well, resources not queries and you've already at least one thread looking for details of this family (duplicate topics cause extra work and confusion for those trying to help).
just found another son of John Murphy and Anne Murphy from Glasnevin Cemetry .they done a Search for me. Came up with John Murphy, Born 1876 ,Van Driver Died 2nd of April, 1901 age 25.at 29 Leeson Park Avenue, Rathmines and Rathgar .East Dublin, Mother Anne Murphy Informed them of his Death.They stated if i was to see the Census for 1901 for 29 Leeson Park Avenue, Rathnines and Rathgar, East Dublin, You would be able to see all the Occupants living there.but this is a Postal Address of Dublin, Not a Form Number in a Census .So how do i find the 1901 Census for this Postal Address,
I know the people living there will be different then in the census 172-leeson park ave.as john murphy was not living there

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 14 September 13 16:53 BST (UK) »
Please see replies on your other topics looking for the Murphy family (and John Murphy in particular).

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 14 September 13 18:14 BST (UK) »
You can search the 1901 census here -
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search/

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 14 September 13 18:24 BST (UK) »
The details have already been posted on the other topics looking for the same information-
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=661370
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=657339

Offline bobdunford6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: looking for a Parish in Dublin
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 15 September 13 15:38 BST (UK) »
The details have already been posted on the other topics looking for the same information-
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=661370
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=657339
----tried again they found Leeson Park Avenue Dublin but not number 29,
and i know 29 Leeson Park Avenue was there it is on the Death Certificate of John Dunford age 25 born 1876 died 2nd of April 1901 at 29 Leeson Park Avenue Dublin ,from Glasnevin Cemetery Dublin
Now it seems the census was completed on the 31 march 1901.but for some reason they cannot find this one

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 15 September 13 16:08 BST (UK) »
----tried again they found Leeson Park Avenue Dublin but not number 29,
and i know 29 Leeson Park Avenue was there it is on the Death Certificate of John Dunford age 25 born 1876 died 2nd of April 1901 at 29 Leeson Park Avenue Dublin ,from Glasnevin Cemetery Dublin
Now it seems the census was completed on the 31 march 1901.but for some reason they cannot find this one

Who is 'they'? It was already explained on one of the other topics that the household number in the census is not the same as the street address.

Offline bobdunford6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 15 September 13 16:52 BST (UK) »
Please see replies on your other topics looking for the Murphy family (and John Murphy in particular).
-- right thanks very much to you .i never knew any of this
i have now found as you say 172 lesson park avenue ( 172 is the census form numbers) is really 29  house number, leeson park avenue
so when we read the names in the census john murphy born 1876 died 1901.he was not there at the time of the census to be counted maybe in hospital.
it comes clearer now.Glasnevin Cemetry with the death of John Murphy through me

now residents of a house  1.2 in  westmoreland park ,(rathmines and rathgar east dublin
gives  5 male  and 3 females living there,  and names them on the census 1911
 now looking into in the census 1911 enumerator
for form number 1 and house number 1
it gives 6 male and 4 female living there,
2 families,
 mother and children /grand children
so we have lost 1 male and 1 female on the census
how do we find these names.