Author Topic: The Poots Family - getting a bit confused and need help  (Read 13269 times)

Offline d.h

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The Poots Family - getting a bit confused and need help
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 13 February 14 14:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I just came across your post by coincidence yesterday when I was trying to help a friend trace an ancestor interned in Banbridge cemetery. I am related to William John Poots of Banbridge. He was my Great Grandfather. My mother was May Poots who was the Daughter of Olive Poots whose father was William John. My William John had 2 sons who died in the First World War, Robert and William who would have been my Great Uncles. If any of this information relates in any way to your search and I can help you further I would be glad to do so. I have photographs of Robert in his uniform and also of his brother William ( not in uniform ) and would be happy to email copies to you if you thought we may be related. I remember my Uncle Andy very well, my Grandmothers brother. I have 3 brothers and a sister and extended family in Australia, Canada and beyond. Good luck regardless, with your search. Best wishes, David

Offline d.h

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 13 February 14 18:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi there again.

Sorry, but I just joined this forum and if I had read your profile properly I would have seen you actually are related to me through my great uncle David. If you read this let me know and I will send you the pictures of Davids brothers Robert and William. I see you have done a lot of research into the families past and I would very much like to know how far back you have managed to get. I am afraid I cant help you much with that but I would be intrigued to find out what you have unearthed. I have a DVD  somewhere of a large Poots gathering for 2 Canadian Poots who would also be your relatives, which I will endeavour to find and send to you. Its a very small world, long lost cousin Christiek!

Offline cathy52

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 14 February 14 00:59 GMT (UK) »
hi david,i was reading your post today,so william john poots is your gt grandfather he is my gt gt grandfather his daughter from his first marriage is my gt grandmother do you know anything about his children from his first marriage. would anyone in your family have a photo of william poots, if not to cheeky i would love to see the photo's of robert and william his sons just to see what they are like and if they look like there dad just to get a idea of what the poots family look like, regards catherine ps i have been researching the poots family for ages got a lot of info from christiek, anymore info would be great. :)