Author Topic: gertrude may boughton  (Read 1401 times)

Offline ray b

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
gertrude may boughton
« on: Sunday 29 June 14 18:02 BST (UK) »
does any kind soul out there have access to belvedere Erith baptisms for 1906 ish Gertrude is on the 1911 census living in long crendon Oxfordshire age 4 with others as barnados homes birth place given belvedere hoping to find Horace and amy as parents
thanks in advance
rayb

Offline JJen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: gertrude may boughton
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 29 June 14 18:45 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Have you found a birth record of Gertrude as her birth cert will record her mother and hopefully her father?

Did Gertrude have an older sister Ivy? They appear together on a Canadian Passenger List for 1914 (that's if you've not already seen it)

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-12382-53192-1?cc=1823240

JJ

Offline ray b

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 29 June 14 20:26 BST (UK) »
thank you jjen
I think an olive rose dec 1903 Dartford may be an older sister but cannot find any further reference to her at all however since posting this I have found ivy as an inmate at station road hawkhurst and was still searching when you replied. I am having a problem with a Horace who married amy godfrey but on every birth and his marriage has not used his middle name (marshall) or an initial so iam trying to find some proof that they are mine
yours ever so gratefull
rayb 

Offline Jolee

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 05 July 14 15:52 BST (UK) »
The girls were sent to Canada from Barnados as home children, sometimes as they were orphans or sometimes as their parents could not look after them for some reason,  if you contact the Barnados home they were in they will have details of why they entered sometimes even a photo taken at the time of entry is available. In the case of two boys I have researched they had the parents names as well.