Author Topic: Ingeborg Ana Millhollen  (Read 2279 times)

Offline Ashnz

• RootsChat Senior
  • NZ genelogy
    • View Profile
Ingeborg Ana Millhollen
« on: Tuesday 02 September 14 02:14 BST (UK) »
Hello everybody  :) , I have been researching Ingeborg, who is related to me through her father Mads Peder Hansen.

I myself have researched her as far as could. I have attached my research about her - where I have become stuck is the date of her birth (she was born in Adams County, Wisconsin in about 1896/1897), whether she along with her husband John Patterson Millhollen became parents to any children? Or when Ingeborg passed away and where she was buried? Also I do not know Ingeborg's mother's madien name - her mother's married name was Petra Hansen.

I know that Ingeborg had 2 brothers Paul Billa Hansen and Bert Peter Hansen. The Hansen family moved from Adams County in Wisconsin to Portland, Oregon between 1905 and 1910. Ingeborg married her husband John Millhollen on March 4th, 1919 in Fresno, California. In 1930 they were living in Burbank, Los Angeles. In 1940 they were living in Flynn, Blaine in Oklahoma. The last residence i have for her husband is Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma. He died Feb, 1970 (I don't know where he was buried).

Any assistance with the areas I have underlined would be wonderful.

Warmest regards to you all. Ashley :D

Millhollen has been spelt alternatively as Millhollin.
"With time, persistance and help, we can fill in all the missing pieces of the puzzle."

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Ingeborg Ana Millhollen
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 02 September 14 05:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Ashley:

This isn't much, but it's a start...

According to the 1900 Ashland Ward 05, Ashland County, Wisconsin census:
"Inglebor" Hansen was born February 1896.
Paul Hansen was born April 1893, according to the census image.
They are shown with their parents M Hansen and P Hansen.
P Hansen apparently immigrated in 1890.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 02 September 14 13:03 BST (UK) »
John Millhollen may be listed on this Tulsa funeral home record index - http://tulsagenealogy.org/library/funhmindx.html

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 02 September 14 17:14 BST (UK) »
I thought it was interesting that John listed Mrs. RC Young of El Reno as the person who would always know his address on his WWII draft registration card, rather than his wife.  Perhaps she was deceased by then?

There is a John & Mrs. John Millhollen listed in the El Reno Cemetery - http://www.okcemeteries.net/canadian/elreno/elrenomindex.htm  Not sure if that's him or a possible relative.  It looks like there is a webpage from the city of El Reno for cemetery records - http://www.cityofelreno.com/departments/cemetery-records/

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 02 September 14 18:00 BST (UK) »
Looking at the marriage record for Ingeborg & John, John's mother's maiden name is listed and Petra is listed as Hansen.  Considering that and the birth record for Ingeborg's brother Bert, I think Petra may have been born a Hansen.  I would think it's a common enough surname in Denmark that two Hansens may have married.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 02 September 14 18:36 BST (UK) »
I don't know if this is a connection to R.C. Young but on the internet is reference to an Ina Millhollen Young of El Reno. 

PS  Great finds, Shelly.  :)
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 02 September 14 18:47 BST (UK) »
A Lovina J Millhollen (1866-1956) was married to a Robert C. Young (1863-1926).

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 02 September 14 18:51 BST (UK) »
The Oklahoma Historical Society has some newspapers online and they are searchable.  I only tried a brief search, but I didn't see anything helpful.  Perhaps with additional time spent, something helpful may be found?
http://www.rootschat.com/links/019ts/

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 02 September 14 19:09 BST (UK) »
Very interesting story of coming to Oklahoma from Ina Millhollen Young -  http://digital.libraries.ou.edu/whc/pioneer/papers/9264%20Young.pdf

Her address seems to fit Mrs. RC Young on John's draft registration card.