Author Topic: Niall Macginnis Md film actor.  (Read 10864 times)

Offline Roisin38

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Niall Macginnis Md film actor.
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 12 September 12 17:34 BST (UK) »
I have Niall Macginnis family tree back to 1796.  Happy to share with you if you send me a message. Novice at this so not sure how that works.

Offline Roisin38

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 16 September 12 18:27 BST (UK) »
Hi, Makurajoe, Nialls father was called Patrick from Carrichue (near ballykelly) in Co. Derry. I believe Patrick married a girl called Kelly from Mayo and went to Wexford.  Niall is a full cousin of my mother.  His father was the only one of the family to leave, the others stayed in Co. Derry.   As I am new to posting I can't send you anything further at present but happy to give you what I have when I have posted a few times to be able to send pm.  I'll hunt out some more facts and send when I can.

Offline Ray1969

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 29 August 13 17:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Roisin38 Ive just read your post after googling Niall McGinnis an uncle of mine now deceased always maintained my family were related to the same McGinnis family that Niall McGinnis is decended from but ive not be able to proove it one way or the other . My name is Raymond Logue from Ballykelly i have McGinnis on both sides of my family both from Faughanvale and the townlands around Ballykelly. On my fathers side i can trace back to an Alexander McGinnis who died 1862 and was from Sistrakeel his daughter Peggy Ann married Hugh Logue 1858. Does that ring any bells i know she had several siblings too. Any info would be greatly appreciated regards Ray Logue  :)

Offline docrt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 09 October 13 00:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Roisin38,
                   I've just registered and your info is very relevant to my own background. My interests would be mainly McGinnis, Ballykelly.

- Docrt

Offline Roisin38

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 09 October 13 12:26 BST (UK) »
Hi, Docrt, I'm happy to help if I can.  Was there anything specific that you were looking for?

Offline psmy1066

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 24 December 13 10:38 GMT (UK) »
I have recently been in contact with his cousin who lives close to my parents in N. Ireland.  I can contact him and pass any details on if required.

Regards, psmy1066

Offline anjoro

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 12 January 14 01:58 GMT (UK) »
Niall MacGinnis , the MD and Irish actor was my maternal uncle. He died on January 6,1977. He was the eldest of 7 children born to Patrick MacGinnis and wife Mary Josephine Kelly. My mother, May (Mary) MacGinnis Roswell ,the last of the siblings, died in 2002. I  know that my grandfather was born in Limavady and I have a few dates and names, but do not know much about his family as he died when my mother was young.

Offline anjoro

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 12 January 14 16:25 GMT (UK) »
Niall MacGinnis was my maternal uncle so I have quite a bit of information about the maternal Kelly side of the family and information about him and his siblings who are now all deceased. I have very little information about my grandfather Patrick MacGinnis' family although I did once meet one of his sisters who was know to my mother and family as Aunt Molly Mac. I would welcome any information in a personal reply