Author Topic: Jones's. Barlwyd terrace Tanygrisiau  (Read 8760 times)

Offline mandywills

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jones's. Barlwyd terrace Tanygrisiau
« Reply #9 on: Friday 10 May 13 18:03 BST (UK) »
Hiya Jim. Thanks for your post, its great hearing from you.                                   My grandmother 'Mo' was the youngest of Nellie+Jacob's 3 daughters, so your 1st cousin. Do you remember her well?                                                            I have recently been in contact with two other cousin's of yours, son of Ernest and daughter of Frank, ar you incontact with them too?                                                          I will send you my email  via private mail, on my phone at the mo so am limited to what I can see at the mo. xx   

Offline Jim Holl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 10 May 13 19:37 BST (UK) »
Hello Mandy - yes I remember Mo or Maureen - as I knew her - very well. If I searched I might have a photo of her - but it will take some searching. I have lost contact with many cousins - I am not in touch with Ernest's son (Alan) or Frank's daughter (either of them) - in fact my mother - Nell & Jacob's daughter in law - had also lost touch with them. But my mother - who died several years ago used to keep in touch from time to time with Gladys. I am in touch with my cousin June (Doll's daughter) and also Keith (Rose 's son). Look forward to getting your email address. Keep in touch. Jim

Offline organicgardener

• RootsChat Senior
  • Me with my eldest son and two grandaughters
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 12 May 13 11:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Mandy,
I live in Tasmania and my grandfather Robert Jones was born 17.05.1878 at Dolrhedyn, Festiniog. His parents were Evan Jones possibly William Evan Jones and Emma Iv(e)y who migrated to New South Wales Australia via Mackay, Queensland, 5th Oct 1883, on the La Hogue from Plymouth, England

Evan 29
Emma 29
Jane 11
Robert 5
Deborah (no age shown)
I am trying to connect with Evan Jones and Emma Ivey families.

Any luck with your lot???

Cheers

John Watters
Challinor= Cheshire,   Onions- Walsall Staffordshire,   Cliffe/Cliff Warrington Eckersley- Salford, Heathcote Windsor, Palin Cheshire/ Beeston

Offline mandywills

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 18 May 13 02:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Organic. My grandmother was born in Dolrhedyn in 1936,and her father 'Jacob Jones' who was one of a large family of Jones's, was also born in the same area. However, Jacob's father 'Simeon Jones' originated from Newcastle upon Tyne. I myself live in Ffestiniog, raised in Tanygrisiau, and have a living grandfather who has been living in Tanygrisiau all his life. Im unable to say wether there's a link between your Jones's and mine, but will have a look through the information  that I have, to check for you. I could also ask my grandfather incase he knows of your Jones's, as he's very knowledgeable when it comes to the area and it's people. I can't promiss you anything, but Ill certainly have a go at finding any info regarding your Jones's.   Mand

Offline organicgardener

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 18 May 13 06:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks Mandy,
If you check out the Davies/Partridge Family Tree on Ancestry I think that the only ones that migrated to Australia were Evan Jones and Emma Ivey while the rest of Robert Jones and Jane Hughes probably stayed in the UK.
I think that on the 1861 Census Robert and Jane were living in Henllan Denbigh and in 1871 they had moved to Oswestry in Shropshire. They had some children with them but Evan and Emma were in Festiniog in 1881 before migrating to New South Wales in 1884. So what happened to the other 7 children of Robert and Jane?

Cheers

John
Challinor= Cheshire,   Onions- Walsall Staffordshire,   Cliffe/Cliff Warrington Eckersley- Salford, Heathcote Windsor, Palin Cheshire/ Beeston

Offline Jim Holl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 18 May 13 18:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Mandy - did you get the photos I sent you?

Offline mandywills

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 24 May 13 17:53 BST (UK) »
Hi John. Just a quick note, wanted to let you know that I havent forgott. Have not had a chance to see anyone yet, but hopfully Ill get the chance over the weekend. I am however in contact with a family of 'Jones's' from Cwmorthin/Dolrhedyn, who migrated over to Oz somtime in the 50s, and have passed the info you gave on to them, so they can then have a look through thair tree incase of any connections. Fingers crossed. Speek soon   

Offline organicgardener

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 03 June 13 10:27 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much Mandy something may result.
Cheers John