Author Topic: Dunn Brothers of Great Hatfield for I.D. and Dating  (Read 2375 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Dunn Brothers of Great Hatfield for I.D. and Dating
« on: Monday 21 April 14 11:56 BST (UK) »
Hi all...I am helping someone to identify the Brothers in this photo for a friend..could someone please hazard a guess at a date.
Thanks ~ Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline AJ100

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dunn Brothers of Great Hatfield for Dating
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 April 14 12:24 BST (UK) »
Mixture of collar styles there but by the relaxed pose and the latest collar style I would pit it just after WW1, say 1920 -ish.

AJ

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Dunn Brothers of Great Hatfield for I.D. and Dating
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 April 14 15:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your input AJ...that's very helpful.

This is a newspaper cutting from the Driffield Herald around 1933 and the photos of Brothers to see if anyone can help to match them up. Also a date please for the photos.

Thanks for any help.

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 April 14 15:50 BST (UK) »
Here are the other two...The group photo is known to be William Dunn and his Family....Are these of the same man? A date would also be appreciated.

Carol

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 22 April 14 17:32 BST (UK) »
Any ideas anyone?
Carol

Offline chinakay

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Our housegoof
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 22 April 14 19:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol!

The one with the laurel leaves on the back is a Jerome postcard, 1933. The dropped waist on the ladies' dresses is just coming to an end in the fashion world :)

The other postcard I would put just before the war...high waisted skirt and image printed all the way to the edge of the card which apparently stopped during the war to save ink. Or so I have heard :)

That's about all I can get out of these pics, sorry...

Cheers,
China
Moore/Paterson~Montreal
Moore/Addison~New Brunswick
Jubb/Kerr~Mirfield~Halifax~Moffatt
Williams~Dolwyddelan

King~Bedfordshire~Hull
Jenkins~Somerset
Sellers~Hull

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 22 April 14 19:30 BST (UK) »
Hi China.....Thanks for taking the time to respond....I appreciate your input and that is really helpful ;)....do you think the men are the same person in the last two photos?
Carol

Offline chinakay

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Our housegoof
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 22 April 14 19:40 BST (UK) »
Well, I think the guy in the second-to-last postcard is William on the left of the first photo, but I'm not sure about the guy in the last postcard. He seems to have a funny rounded fold of skin between the eyes that I can't find on the other men. He also seems to have a longer chin, and that has to be his daughter with him, same chin.

My opinion, and you may get others :)
Moore/Paterson~Montreal
Moore/Addison~New Brunswick
Jubb/Kerr~Mirfield~Halifax~Moffatt
Williams~Dolwyddelan

King~Bedfordshire~Hull
Jenkins~Somerset
Sellers~Hull

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 22 April 14 19:48 BST (UK) »
That confirms what I thought too...so that's great. Thanks china  ;)
Carol