Author Topic: mount bartholomew bonnybridge  (Read 6369 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: mount bartholomew bonnybridge
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 15 October 13 19:05 BST (UK) »
Thanks to a reorganisation of local government in 1975, the present local authority boundaries are largely irrelevant for historical research, except that archives now tend to be held according to the newfangled boundaries.
For purposes of genealogical research, the parish is the basis on which information was usually recorded.

Too true Forfarian,

Now politics comes into it (government). Not happy changing street names, they move boundries, change counties, disband army regiments, change area names to gaelic.........................
Next they will be re-routing rivers  ??? ::) ;D

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline geordiemac48

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 October 13 16:29 BST (UK) »
http://archive.org/stream/thennowdennyloankeir/thennowdennyloankeir_djvu.txt

Mount Bartholomew is definitely in Bonnybridge, it is a small row of houses which lead to the top of the Ford brae, hopefully if this link works, you will find reference to it on p13 of this talk. Now I know there is a plaque situated somewhere near there, but for the life of me I cannot remember what it is about. I cannot recall any Bartholomew or Mount families in Bonnybridge from my days living there...I was born in the village just after the war but left when I was 20 into the RAF and only return  for family visits. Going to contact another Rootschat member and family for some moreinfo if you'd like to have
Bill
Houston, McGill, Laurie/Lawrie, Cunningham Stirlingshire & Lanarkshire. McRae Perthshire,  Glen, Dewer, Meldrum, Irons, Crambie/Crombie & Ness from Fife, Walls/Wells , McMurdo originally Ireland and Dumfries.

Offline apanderson

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 23 October 13 22:22 BST (UK) »
I've found a picture showing Mount Bartholomew, Ford Cottage and Dobbie's Cottage amongst my 'collection'.

There is no date, but I think it was taken around the turn of the century.

Anyone who wants a copy, send me a PM with your personal e-mail address.

Anne

Offline kirkbairn

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 20 November 13 22:22 GMT (UK) »
rear of house in mount bartholomew row