Author Topic: lowings family  (Read 9928 times)

Offline katesara

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
lowings family
« on: Monday 20 September 04 14:28 BST (UK) »
Hi! Trying to find out what happened to children of Walter and Annie Lowings from Cambridge. children: Walter died in ww1 but married   Minnie Rowe in 1901, so could Edward Albert Lowings born in 1902 be their son? There was Annie who married William Game in 1908, Arthur married Mary Alice Ludman in 1908, Charles might have married into Tetley family in 1916, Harry also died in ww1, Alfred who was my grandfather, then that still leaves George, Ellen, Frederick, Willie and Ernest, So if any of the names ring a bell with you I would love to hear from you. Lynda

Offline todd

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: lowings family
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 October 04 08:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Lynda,

George Lowings was my Grandad who died in the late 1990's. He may well have been the same George Lowings mentioned. As far as i'm aware he spent most of his life in Cambridge. Both myself and my dad still live in Cambridge. Please leave a contact email address if possible and i'll speak to the rest of my family and get back to you as soon as i know more.

Marc

Offline katesara

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 October 04 17:07 BST (UK) »
Marc, not sure if I replied properly yesterday so just doing it again to make sure, recieved your message about George Lowings, and look forward to hearing from you. email is
Moderator Comment: Email Address Removed to avoid Spamming - use a Personal Message to contact this user
bye Lynda

Offline marilyn2209

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 04 February 10 19:13 GMT (UK) »
Good afternoon: I'm searching for Lowings relatives. My ggrandfather was Thomas Lowings of Gamlingay, Cambridgeshire. He was married to Mary(Ibbott) Hibbitt. One of their sons was Herbert, my grandfather. Brothers Joseph, Albert & Horace came to Canada in 1908-1910. All but Albert served in WW1 in Can. army in France. Horace was killed, grandpa was wounded.I have quite a bit of info on Lowings family, but would like to find living relatives. Does any of this ring a bell with you? If so, please let me know, thanks, Marilyn

Offline marilyn2209

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 10 February 10 22:06 GMT (UK) »
Michelle: Could you please e-mail me at (*) re: Lowings family . Thanks for contacting me about my family. Would love to exchange info with you. Easier by e-mail Thanks, Marilyn

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Lynn Cocksedge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 15 June 13 21:12 BST (UK) »
marilyn2209 - I have a Thomas Lowings born in Gamlingay in 1837, who was married to a Mary (no surname) and they had a son Horace born in Gamlingay in 1882, and died in WW1 on 24/05/1915.
I don't have any other information regarding the direct family so maybe you can help me.

Thomas Lowings father was Thomas Lowings born 1796, and his wife was Martha Grubb. His father was John Lowings born 1772

hope this helps.
I have the whole Lowings family tree on Family Tree Maker.
Maybe we can exchange email addresses

Lynn Cocksedge
my mother was Eunice Lowings

Offline marilyn2209

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 17 June 13 20:10 BST (UK) »
I don't know if you got my earlier message. I may have done something wrong. Thomas & Mary Lowings were my great grandparents. I live in Ontario Canada. Grandpa, Herbert Lowings married Polly Hutchinson from Poton, Bedfordshire. They came to Canada in May, 1910. My mother was born here Dec. 08, 1910. I have a lot of info on the family, & am so pleased to hear of another relative. If I can add more for your info, will do so. Just let me know. Thanks, Marilyn Foy McLees

Offline Lynn Cocksedge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 17 June 13 20:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Marilynn,
I would love to have all the info you can give me on Thomas Lowings, your ggrandfather. I would like as much info on his family as possible, and anything you have going either back or forward from there.
It would probably be easier to send it to my personal email, which you can get from the moderator.
I have a gedcom file I would like to share with you on the Lowings family. I have in excess of 700 entrants on it

looking forward to hearing from you

Lynn Cocksedge

Offline Manchester Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 17 June 13 20:36 BST (UK) »
Lynn - if you make one more post, you will be able to use the secure PM (private message) system to exchange e-mail addresses or other private info with Marilyn.  (Just add an acknowledgement to this thread - that will do the trick!)

Click on the second button under her username - the stylised page of writing - to send a PM.

Rambler
ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk