Author Topic: Guernsey / Sark Channel Islands  (Read 2148 times)

Offline mich ogier

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Guernsey / Sark Channel Islands
« on: Thursday 08 August 13 16:20 BST (UK) »

I am having serious problems trying to find any records of any of my relations.  So if anybody can help me I would be very grateful, unfortunately I do not have any dates.

My dad was Seamus "shim" 0'dare -sharman, my dads parents were Percey Sharman (think he came from the UK) and was the first RAC worker to have a motor bike in Guernsey, channel Islands.  His mum was Margaret O'dare- sharman.

My mothers dad was Fredrick tomas decaretert, his mum was Lena de Carteret, on his birth certificate it only had "son of harry".  Grandad was brought up in Sark by frank and annie Lawrence.  Her mum was Evelyn Clara tostevin, her mum was clara tostevin and dad was matthew tostevin

This is the only information I have and I do not have any birth or death dates

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Channel Islands
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 August 13 16:45 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat. This isn't a forum for tracing living people and we aren't allowed to post details of anyone who is or might still be living so you might need to go back to your 1st post, click 'modify' and make some changes.

It would help if you could give us some idea of dates (just remember no details of living people).

There are some records for people with the names you've mentioned on www.familysearch.org but impossible to tell if they are the right ones without any idea of dates- Matthew Tostevin, for example, seems to be a very common Guernsey name.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline mich ogier

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Guernsey / Sark Channel Islands
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 08 August 13 17:03 BST (UK) »
Ok thank you

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Guernsey / Sark Channel Islands
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 08 August 13 19:31 BST (UK) »
Dates?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!