Author Topic: Genelli, Paganin & Orso Families of Vincenza  (Read 756 times)

Offline tmm1975

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Genelli, Paganin & Orso Families of Vincenza
« on: Monday 27 July 09 03:58 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am a descendant of these families now living in Australia attempting to research my Father's family history.  I have names, but that is all the information I have prior to the family coming to Australia in the 1930's and 1950's.  The Paganin family comes from the Asiago region of Vincenza and the Orso from the city. 

As a family we have always beleived that the records in Asiago were burnt during the war.  Can anyone confirm this, some ideas for where to look next would also help?

Regards
Tanya
Beacham-Sussex & WA, Harrold-Norfolk & WA, Jennings-Wiltshire & WA & SA, Henningsen-Denmark, Tas & WA, Metcalf-Suffolk & WA

Offline tenby tart

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Genelli, Paganin & Orso Families of Vincenza
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 July 09 08:57 BST (UK) »
Hi tmm

Can you give me some of the first names you are interested in, I will do my best to do a search for you.

Regards Lynne
Weare Monmouthshire
Bossolo Besselo Italy
Watkins Risca Monmouthshire
Perry Birmingham

Offline tmm1975

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Genelli, Paganin & Orso Families of Vincenza
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 July 09 12:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Lynne,

Thanks for the offer.  My Nonna's name is Elda Maria Paganin b:8/1 around 1930ish.  Her parents are Antonio Paganin adn Olympia Genelli.  Antonio Paganin' parents were Valentino Paganin and Maria Bosso.  Olympia's Parents were Giacomo Genelli and Pellegrina Tessari.  This is all I know about the Paganins.  On the Orso side my Nonno's name was Guiseppe Orso.  His Parents were Guiseppe Orso and Romilda Rocher.  My Nonno had two brothers Peter and Fiorenzo.  I do not know anything else about this side.  Nonno was born in Trissino, I have his birth cert.

Thanks!!
Tanya
Beacham-Sussex & WA, Harrold-Norfolk & WA, Jennings-Wiltshire & WA & SA, Henningsen-Denmark, Tas & WA, Metcalf-Suffolk & WA