Author Topic: Jones Yet Again!  (Read 3232 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jones Yet Again!
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 18 February 14 11:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Gadget,there is nothing showing too readily in the Blackwell Index.Like a lot of the early baptisms for the wider family they may well be found in the Seion Chapel booklet.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 18 February 14 11:16 GMT (UK) »
There are many John Jones marriages 1825-1837 in Ruabon. I've don a skim read through the booklet and come up with two to a Margaret:

28 May 1830 - to Margaret Williams (he signed she made her mark). Wits - David Jones (x) and Sarah Philips
25 June 1737 1837 to Margaret Davies (both signed) wits - Edward Edwards and Ann Jones (x)

There could be some that I've missed but don't think so.  Will try a bit earlier.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 18 February 14 11:20 GMT (UK) »
Dec 29 1827 - to Margaret Jones (x) Witnesses - Samuel Griffiths (x) Mary Jones
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 18 February 14 11:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Gadget,to be fair its an almost impossible task finding the marriage of a John Jones in the area!

Coming to daughter Hannah now,the next sighting for definite I had for her was in 1871 given as a Hannah Jarvis(married) and living with John and Margaret Jones.
RG10/5652/123/17.

Now in the 1881 Census she is showing as married to a Joseph Jarvis born in Rhos in c 1847.
RG11/5514/114/16.

Whilst I have been able to gather further info on their two children,until last night I had been unable to find a marriage for them.Looking at Trees on Ancestry I noticed on one of them that Hannah was given as a Hannah Jones(Clark).

This puzzled me for a while until I found the marriage in 1867 at Rhosymedre Parish Church of a Hannah Jones to a Samuel Clarke,Hannah's father is given as a John Jones(Carrier).Looking again for a marriage of a Joseph Jarvis I then found the marriage of a Joseph Jarvis to a Hannah Clarke at Llangollen Parish Church in 1870.

Now I have been unable to find definite details,death etc for this Samuel Clarke.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 18 February 14 11:59 GMT (UK) »
Have you got any details of Samuel - age/PofB/occupation/father?

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 18 February 14 12:08 GMT (UK) »
I've just been looking again for this Samuel.His father was given as a Joseph Clarke(Pointsman).This could well be Samuel in 1851 in the Northwich area of Cheshire.
HO107/2165/115/5.

I've found no definite sighting of Samuel in 1861 but there is a possible death for a Samuel Clarke in the Northwich District of Cheshire in 1868 with a year of birth given as c 1840.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 18 February 14 12:15 GMT (UK) »
Took me a while  - I was looking at the Rhosllanerchrugog booklet ::)

I see he was an engine driver aged 27 so the Northwich one looks a possible - aren't those records online?  Will check.

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 18 February 14 12:19 GMT (UK) »
This looks like the entry in the Weaverham Parish;
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FQ9K-JMK

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 18 February 14 12:20 GMT (UK) »
Looks strong match to me - Cheshire BMD has same sub-reg (Weaverham) as on the 1851.