Author Topic: Looking for Griffith Williams  (Read 1635 times)

Offline nig2000

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for Griffith Williams
« on: Sunday 17 May 09 21:27 BST (UK) »
Looking for information on my grandfather's twin brother Griffith Williams, born 4th November 1900 at Troedrhiwronnen, Myddfai.  My grandfather was Rees Williams. Their parents were Thomas Williams and Hannah Williams (formerly Davies). Siblings of Rees and Griffith were Ellen, Sarah, Hannah and David.
Rees married Rachel Evans but nothing is known of Griffith.
Any information will be helpful.

Offline kob3203

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Tracing Welsh/Irish roots from Asia with no money!
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Griffith Williams
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 September 09 09:40 BST (UK) »
I noticed you've had no replies since posting this. I assume you're mainly interested in finding out about Griffith's later life? I did a cursory check on FreeBMD here http://www.freebmd.org.uk and found references that seem to match the birth of the twins (i.e. the year, quarter, volume and page references are identical):

Oct-Nov-Dec 1900 Births, Williams, Griffith, registration district Llandovery, volume 11a, page 1092   
Oct-Nov-Dec 1900 Births, Williams, R___   , registration district Llandovery, volume 11a, page 1092 (I'm 99% certain the typing on the original says "Rees", but the transcriber was uncertain)

On the off-chance I checked for any Griffith Williams deaths in the Llandovery registration district between 1901 and 1910 and found the following:

Jan-Feb-Mar 1902, Deaths, Williams, Griffith, age 1, registration district Llandovery, volume 11a, page 695.

It seems possible that your grandfather's twin brother may have lived just over a year. Does that fit in any way with what you know?

Pete

Most roots researched back to the early/mid 1800s. Years noted as 'pre' refer to my direct ancestors, although I'm interested in any relatives:
Mitchelstown, Co.Cork: CORBETT (pre1935), SWEENEY  (pre1935), CUSACK? (pre1894), KEYS? (pre1894)
Mallow, Co.Cork: BROWNE (1895-1935)
Caher, Co.Tipp: BROWNE (pre1895), PURTELL(pre1895)
Cashel, Co.Tipp: FANNING (pre1886)
Llanelly, Carms: GRIFFITHS (pre1934), REYNOLDS (pre1901), WILLIAMS (pre1934)
Ton Pentre, Glams: LEWIS (pre1901)

Offline nig2000

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Griffith Williams
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 03 September 09 22:58 BST (UK) »
 :) Hi there. Many thanks for the reply.
Yes it would seem that the information that you have found is relating to my grandfather and his twin brother and it seems to fit that Griffith died at a very young age. Thankyou for that.